i wldnt mind tht.. probably help issues like car thefts.. and good means of security...

hah so you wouldn't mind govt tracking your every move?you wouldn't mind giving your privacy even we have it under our rights,you wouldn't mind being guilty until proven innocent.,you wouldn't mind duo process?guys like you MAKE ME SICK😡.go live in CHINA slave

go live in CHINA slave

calm down buddy. This aint the right way to debate or counter a view.

So what's wrong if our cars are tracked. Until we are not committing any crime, nobody would ask why you took your car to particular location. Also with population of billions, govt will only get huge bulk of database which is useless any issue occurs.But it would definately help if any accident or crime related to cars happen. The victim could get hepl and criminal would be tracked.In UK, I have seen cameras installed on very corner of roads. It keeps capturing people's movement 24x7, and has helped tracking many criminals. (But it also has caught some private moments of people in public place, but people are aware that it could be caught on camera)

as long as anything is optional, i would not mind. the problem is that most of the times these things are misused against the common man. 🙂 and of course, most of the times these are futile exercises that are designed to benefit a small number of people.

hah so you wouldn't mind govt tracking your every move?you wouldn't mind giving your privacy even we have it under our rights,you wouldn't mind being guilty until proven innocent.,you wouldn't mind duo process?
guys like you MAKE ME SICK😡.
go live in CHINA slave

warthog you have to understand that not everybody would share your views, so stop abusing people who disagree with you,
for my part I also believe that RFIDs are good development, as long as its optional. No democratic government can force their people to use this, and if people are using it out of their own will, then whats wrong in that.

I dont want to be a slave like you mindless zombies.Soon you agree that we need cameras in our home to keep safe.

those who give up liberty for security neither deserve liberty nor security.
you say its optional ,your national id card will have rfid and if you revolt they turn off your card.
Dammit its unconstitutional for the govt to do this.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

and SVK you live in a police state.you talk to anyone in the street the police comes up takes your dna.UK is a model for police state.,you cant even get a knife for self protection.the govt track all your movement.I can give you hundreds of articles about the uk becoming a police state but you would say its good for us.I hope that island sinks.

While averting transport strike from next month, Road Transport Minister C P Joshi has promised to make the toll collection process at the national highways hassle free and consider Aadhaar card linked driving license (DL) valid all over India. Currently, every state has its own DL and rules.

Joshi's ministry ensured that the truckers body AIMTC deferred the strike which was to begin from April 1. The ministry has assured to consider their demands in a time-bound manner. This good news comes along with smooth travel on highways, as promised by Joshi.

The government will roll out RFID-based electronic toll collection across all the toll plazas on national highways through out the country by 2014.

"We intend to have by 2014 entire country through ETC (electronic toll collection). Nandan Nilekani has suggested RFID card and we have introduced two new pilot projects. By 2014, we will cover entire toll plazas through ETC mode," Joshi said yesterday evening while interacting with the public on muti-video chat, Google Hangout.

The ETC systems is based on radio frequency identification (RFID) technology. For this, a RFID chip-embedded sticker will be put on the vehicles and money will get deducted at the toll plazas automatically.

This will be pooled electronically at one place and later distributed among the toll companies.

Currently, vehicles have to pay cash at all the toll plazas, leading to massive traffic jams.

People from all over the country such as Bangalore , New Delhi, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Roorkee , Andhra Pradesh, Gurgaon, Udaipur, Chennai and Bilaspur, Chattisgarh asked Minister to answer questions on various aspects of road safety.

They wanted to know about creation of proper data base like Australia, US and Europe to identify the exact cause of accident is the first step towards improving safety, issuance of a centralized prepaid toll card which to help reduce the toll passage time, collection effort, hassle to manage change, commuters fuel and corruption, linking all the vehicles and their drivers on one system so that when driver visits different states the hassle of proving his identity is avoided.

Joshi said that government is working with state governments for online registration of vehicles and other related information. On the suggestion of one Driving License in the entire country, he said center will try to integrate the issuance of DL with Aadhaar card.

On the matter of issuing license without proper training, he said in the 11th plan centre had started DL schools in different states and the project will be given more focus in 12th plan.

Joshi also said that the government has launched a pilot project on Gurgaon-Jaipur stretch of National Highway-8 to provide cashless medical treatment to accident victims during the during the first 48 hours of the accident.
The government has already signed an MoU with ICICI Lombard last week and has created a corpus of Rs 20 crore for the scheme.

Meanwhile, the AIMTC has decided to defer the strike which was to begin from April 1.

"This (strike) has been deferred till further notice on assurances from the government that all the demands would be considered in a time-bound manner," All India Motor Transport Congress President Bal Malkit Singh said.

AIMTC has had detailed discussions with the officials of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, he added.

AIMTC, an apex body of transporters (both cargo and passenger) is demanding withdrawal of the hike in third party insurance premium, rollback of partial de-control of diesel prices and removal of anti-dumping duty on import of tyres saying that these issues have adversely impacted road transport sector.

http://news.oneindia.in/2013/03/30/aadhaar-connected-all-india-driving-license-likely-1182684.html

India’s highways are going cashless with Paytm. We have partnered with the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to allow you to zip through highway tolls across the country.
It all starts with the Paytm FASTag. This small sticker on your car’s windshield is valid at more than 350 toll plazas. It's a clever bit of RFID technology that allows instant cashless payments from your Paytm Wallet.

Last edited:
Thread title makes it look as if Paytm introduced FASTags. Whereas its the otherway round. NHAI introduced them back in April and now have partnered with Paytm.

the blog post does not appear on their blog right now.

Last edited: