fast forward and rewind.. on IPTV

• Thread starter Thread starter nimmir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,806
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, atleast not yet.. bsnl claims to provide that feature later on.. But you can do so if you connect it to a computer via a tv tuner card and use a software to record tv programmes.. then u can ff and rewind

FF and Rewind would involve copying the contents. Which means a copyright violation :wall:. This means BSNL might have to purchase some rights for that. Now this copy can be done at two ends 1. At BSNL servers and we can replay any program that was telecasted hours back. This has been tested by MTNL in Delhi. But they are not providing this feature. My guess is the above reason. In those trial runs they had given the feature of playing any program in last 48 hours by just selecting it from guide. 2. It can also be done at the STB. This again would be a violation but I think that this is something that can happen seeing the way law is implemented in our democratic country. But this needs a higher end STB. You can look at the Aminet website for what type of STB you need(Aminet500 & 530). Check with IOL if they support those. If anyohe tries this just post on the forum for other to know. Even if you come to know from IOL that we can purchase PVR support STBs, PLS post on the forum for other to know. Note: Copyright stuff is my guess/perception/outlook, I hope I am wrong. And also I am not sure if PVR supporting STBs need any support from the provider(IOL/BSNL) or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.