WhatsApp Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,620
  • Views Views 163,124

WhatsApp now lets you control who can add you to a group
Nobody, My Contacts (people whose phone numbers they have saved in their phone), and Everyone

WhatsApp Adds Invite Setting To Group Chats, Gives Users More Control - Bloomberg Quint

looks like whatsapp has finally provided more control on how you are added to whatsapp groups.

The messaging app has added that a new privacy setting in which an invite system will help users decide who can add them to groups. Previously, WhatsApp users could be added to groups without their consent.

To enable the feature, users can go to 'settings' option in WhatsApp app and select one of three options -- nobody, my contacts, or everyone. If they choose nobody, users will have to approve joining every group to which they are invited.

Upon choosing my contacts option, users from the person's address book will be able to add them to groups. In these cases, the person inviting you to a group will be prompted to send a private invite through an individual chat, giving the user choice of joining the group.

The user will be given three days to accept the invite before it expires, the statement said. "With these new features, users will have more control over the group messages they receive," WhatsApp said.

These new privacy settings will begin rolling out to some users starting Wednesday, and will be available worldwide in the coming weeks to those using the latest version of WhatsApp, it added.

Reactions: Smh
It's 2019 and a WhatsApp call can hack a phone: Zero-day exploit infects mobes with spyware • The Register

A security flaw in WhatsApp can be, and has been, exploited to inject spyware into victims' smartphones: all a snoop needs to do is make a booby-trapped voice call to a target's number, and they're in. The victim doesn't need to do a thing other than leave their phone on.

The Facebook-owned software suffers from a classic buffer overflow weakness. This means a successful hacker can hijack the application to run malicious code that pores over encrypted chats, eavesdrops on calls, turns on the microphone and camera, accesses photos, contacts, and other information on a handheld, and potentially further compromises the device. Call logs can be altered, too, to hide the method of infection.

CVE-2019-3568

Description: A buffer overflow vulnerability in WhatsApp VOIP stack allowed remote code execution via specially crafted series of SRTCP packets sent to a target phone number.

I got a fake message from my friend about whatsapp.
It was:-
What's app will b off
From 11.30pm to 6:00 am daily
Declared by central govt.
Message from narendra modi (PM) we
have had an over usage of user names on whatsapp
Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this
message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward
this message, we will take it as your account is invalid
and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. DO
NOT ignore my words or whatsapp will no longer
recognise your activation. If you wish to re-activate your
account after it has been deleted, a charge of 499.00 will
be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the
issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are
working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up
and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your
cooperation from the modi team. WhatsApp is going
to cost you money soon. The only way that it will stay
free is if you are a frequent user i.e. you have at least 50
people you are chatting with. To become a frequent user
send this message to 10 people who receive it (2 ticks)
and your WhatsApp logo will change color.
send this to 8 people to activate the new whatsapp..
Saturday morning whatsapp will become chargeable. If you have at least 10 contacts send them this message. In this way we will see that you are an avid user and your logo will become blue (🔵) and will remain free. (As discussed in the paper today. Whatsapp will cost 0.01€ per message. Send this message to 10 people. When you do the light will turn blue
otherwise whatsapp will activate billing.

ITS TRUE ...... U get blue TICKS

Is it true??

I also recieved it:-
Good news ✅ FINAL NOTICE
"Dont ignore please read it carefully" Hello, I. Am VARUN PULYANI director of whatsapp, this message is to inform all of our users that we have sold whatsapp to Mukesh Ambani . Reliance for 19 billion $. WhatsApp is now controlled by mukesh Ambani . If you have at least 10 contacts send this sms and logo of your whatsapp will change to a new icon with facebook's "f" within 24 hours.Forward this message to more than 10 people to activate your new whatsapp with facebook services or else your account will be deleted from new servers.
This is the final notice! Hello everyone, it seems that all the warnings were real, the use of WhatsApp cost money from November 2017. If you send this string to 18 different on your list, your icon will be blue and will be free for you. If you do not believe me see tomorrow at 6 pm ending WhatsApp and have to pay to open it, this is by law This message is to inform all of our users, our servers have recently been very congested, so we are asking you to help us solve this problem. We require our active users to forward this message to each of the people in your contact list to confirm our active users using WhatsApp, if you do not send this message to all your contacts WhatsApp will then start to charge you. Your account will remain inactive with the consequence of losing all your contacts. Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of Whatsapp ) we have had an over usage of user names on whatsapp Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or whatsapp will no longer recognise your activation. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation from the Whatsapp team” WhatsApp is going to cost us money soon. The only way that it will stay free is if you are a frequent user i.e. you have at least 10 people you are chatting with. To become a frequent user send this message to 10 people who receive it (2 ticks) and your WhatsApp logo should turn blue
to connect your whatsaap with facebook log in here
-- BAD URL REMOVED --

Forward this message to More than 25 WhatsApp contacts.
Company promoting there website

Get Rs.497.54 talktime. Its true.

Watch in today Times of India newspaper. Page 7.

Check your balance after 10min

Last edited by a moderator: