• Thread starter Thread starter Swati Mehta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,102
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
MTNL
Reliance communication recovery agent pose as Court officials and lawyers. The fake court official from another city calls up tells you that an arrest warrant has been issued in your name and you need to call up a lawyer for out of court settlement in another hour. The fake lawyer asks you to pay the wrongly charged reliance bill in one hour saying that otherwise you will be arrested.
All of this was done when I have been wrongly overcharged by reliance broadband and I have already done overpayment. They claim that I need to pay Rs 1000 more, although Reliance needs to refund me more than Rs 2500.

Do you have all the proofs? This is big deal.

This is regular reliance practice. In any case, OP needn't worry. Getting 2500 back from RCOM would be a very tough task.

Yes, I have all the proofs.
Also when I later searched internet forums, I realized that reliance has been doing this since a long time. Reliance agents know that ordinary citizen is very scared of police even if it is not their fault.

The same thing happened with me yesterday. I am in Mumbai and I got a call saying that I need to be present in Delhi court the next day, otherwise arreset warrant will be issued.
Initially I had fallen into the trap was ready to pay out wrongly charged money, but good sense prevailed to me and I searched a bit on net to find out that it is a fraud. I am surprised to know that large firms like Reliance can stoop to such low levels!!!

reliance , airtel , tata indicom all have been doing this for forever , and ever , i have seen it all
but they cannot even make you pay by this , just do not get terrorised , they are private companies and cant do shit , they cannot force you to pay other than talk , thats why they talk abusively and say there is a court case and all , just stand by yourself
just recently at my office place there was no good service by airtel so i cancelled connection and hold the bill of 1000 rs in my understanding and 2000 according to them , but at my home i still have my airtel broadband and they called several times i was willing to pay 1000 but they were not ready below 1500 , so the tussle is now off by my side , now i wont pay shit, they arent complaining or adding charges at my home connection

I got call from these three numbers:
The caller from these two numbers was supposedly Delhi court official
This person was Mr S K Rathod, the Reliance Communications lawyer.

Swati Mehta said:
Reliance communication recovery agent pose as Court officials and lawyers. The fake court official from another city calls up tells you that an arrest warrant has been issued in your name and you need to call up a lawyer for out of court settlement in another hour. The fake lawyer asks you to pay the wrongly charged reliance bill in one hour saying that otherwise you will be arrested.All of this was done when I have been wrongly overcharged by reliance broadband and I have already done overpayment. They claim that I need to pay Rs 1000 more, although Reliance needs to refund me more than Rs 2500.
For getting refund just try the PGP pgportal.gov.in/ I was waiting for my refund amount of 1429 rs for more than 60 days but PGP case helped me get refund in 2 days.just make a complete summary of all problems (in this case the refund) fill in all your details with reliance (user id, billing account number, etc) and file a complain. PS: just select department of telecommunications in the list type.Good Luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.