Fair Usage Policy on Hathway Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter cobraking
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 40,242
The best option would be to befriend your local cable operator and take his connection. That way if there is a problem he wont lie to you and even take extra effort to fix it. Did it after i ditched reliance and moved and it works for me. Also most cable ISPs dont have any FUP.

The best option would be to befriend your local cable operator and take his connection. That way if there is a problem he wont lie to you and even take extra effort to fix it.
Did it after i ditched reliance and moved and it works for me.

Also most cable ISPs dont have any FUP.

Most cable operators are merely the distributions mechanisms for ISPs such as Hathway and Fivenet and others, rather than being ISPs in their own right. You would normally get FUP'd by the ISP itself.

The exception to this is if the cable operators in question is actually reselling the service of another ISP under their own brand (which I have a feeling your CO which I believe is 7star is doing) rather than merely distributing it, however I believe this to be an exception rather than a rule: not all areas will have this option.

Im not on 7star anymore. I switched to In2cable since the 7star fellow couldnt be bothered to recharge my account. Also 2mbps for 1765 was too sweet to pass up.The 7star service was called exactnet (exatt?) by their people but bandwidth was actually provided by nivyah. Unfortunately i did not get charged according to nivyah pricing.

Im not on 7star anymore. I switched to In2cable since the 7star fellow couldnt be bothered to recharge my account. Also 2mbps for 1765 was too sweet to pass up.

The 7star service was called exactnet (exatt?) by their people but bandwidth was actually provided by nivyah. Unfortunately i did not get charged according to nivyah pricing.

In2Cable are license holders and an ISP in their own right don't seem to use cablewala networks as they claim to have their own. Their services are available in selected areas of 11 cities, but only seem to have less than 20,000 customers. They send about 94% of their traffic through Bharti wholesale, and about 5% through Tata.

Nivyah used to be X-Broadband which before that was Exatt - same people, but renaming the company every couple of years. They used to "buy" their bandwidth from Tata, but now buy about 85% from Bharti and the rest from Reliance, so don't know what happened there. The reason you wouldn't get charged according to Nivyah's pricing is because Nivyah does use cablewala networks which means you pay Nivyah + Cablewala fees.

I've had a couple of run-ins with 7star since we also want to build our own network out your way, so I'm not much of a fan, however I haven't pursued it in a while due to other delays but I think it'll be heating up again soon.

Compared to Airtel, it's almost reasonable: Airtel's 512kbit/s plan (Rs899) has an FUP of 8GB, and it's 1mbit/s plan (Rs1099) has an FUP of 15GB. In both cases, you go straight to 256k - at least with Hathway, you go to 512k!

Broadband Plans- Broadband Rates- Broadband Internet Plans in India

good But... This speed is only good in night which is 64kbps

In day its 20 30 kbps 🙁 like 256kbps aaaa

My friend have 512kbps unlimited plan for 552/- per month No Fair Usage police :O

And Lan support 2 :O

Now you say What is Best hathway or in2net ? reply

good But... This speed is only good in night which is 64kbps

In day its 20 30 kbps 🙁 like 256kbps aaaa

My friend have 512kbps unlimited plan for 552/- per month No Fair Usage police :O

And Lan support 2 :O

Now you say What is Best hathway or in2net ? reply

hey 552/- pm which area of mumbai is that and is the after service good. does he get the promised speed on torrents. in2net is the same as INCable Net --- right????

hey 552/- pm which area of mumbai is that and is the after service good. does he get the promised speed on torrents. in2net is the same as INCable Net --- right????

Yes ! in2net is IN Cable Net

There is only one problem ! :iomg: Log in System And Some Time its DC :icry:

But My Friend one time Faced this problem But ISP has Fixed All problem ! :cool2:

I do face downtime in in2net but I have never used an ISP that has 100% uptime so i cant complain.I even raid in WoW using this connection. So that should tell you that the random dcing you mentioned is existent but rare.

I do face downtime in in2net but I have never used an ISP that has 100% uptime so i cant complain.
I even raid in WoW using this connection. So that should tell you that the random dcing you mentioned is existent but rare.

Hey i want to know what speed u get when u share file or download from hub ?

hathway has started its nakra again...Reduced my speed to half...annnoyed wid it now..pain in the *** I need to switch!!

Hathway has downgraded my 1mpbs unlimited connection to 256kbps... that's such a rip off... at least 512kbps would have been somewhat reasonable.The worst part is I have recently renewed my plan for an entire year. Guess I'll just have to wait it out and then switch to some cable walla with no fair use policy.

Hathway has downgraded my 1mpbs unlimited connection to 256kbps... that's such a rip off... at least 512kbps would have been somewhat reasonable.

The worst part is I have recently renewed my plan for an entire year. Guess I'll just have to wait it out and then switch to some cable walla with no fair use policy.

check out this hathway new FUP. it sucks

Hathway : Fair Access Policy

has any one changed to IN 2 CABLE does it have FUP hows the connection and service.

check out this hathway new FUP. it sucks

Hathway : Fair Access Policy

has any one changed to IN 2 CABLE does it have FUP hows the connection and service.

hey dude i have one number.. call this number and ask every thing you want to know !

has ur speed on hathway reduced or same

i have used 8GB in 10days only !! 2GB left 🙁 lets See,,