Fair usage policy on Beam Broadband query.

ISP
Beam Fiber
well....am on Bmax 1000 plan ( 10 mbps till 30GB and then 2 mbps unlimited)
well just 5 min back i exhausted my 30 gb fup..but still am getting original speeds(8~9 mbps)....well...how much time would beam take to switch my speed to 2 mbps..!? 😵
https://www.speedtest.net

and any body here who got lucky with FUP on beam..!?
i mean i heard some people getting original speeds instead of reduced speeds even after FUP!!

I think their logs take anywhere from 24-48 hrs to get updated so you would get FUPed only after the usage logs are updated.

If I remember correctly, Bobby you are on 24x7client software... That's the reason you found out you have crossed the FUP immediately... I found out after 2 days via a sms from beam... (and also on the beam portal account page)In our case the usage is calculated and show 2 days behind... I mean today I am being showed the usage till 26th 7pm ... And yes I did get 10mpbs post FUP few times but it wasn't consistent... i mean sometimes it would be 10mbps for a day or two and sometimes back to 2mbps....

well just 5 min back i exhausted my 30 gb fup..
ur so fast 🙂 congratulations 😀

----------

If I remember correctly, Bobby you are on 24x7client software... That's the reason you found out you have crossed the FUP immediately... I found out after 2 days via a sms from beam... (and also on the beam portal account page)
In our case the usage is calculated and show 2 days behind... I mean today I am being showed the usage till 26th 7pm ...
And yes I did get 10mpbs post FUP few times but it wasn't consistent... i mean sometimes it would be 10mbps for a day or two and sometimes back to 2mbps....
yes ours calculated 2 days after & got SMS on 3rd day, but FUP kick in the moment i crossed 30GB, that time stil it was showing 8gb as my usage when it hits me.

@bobby how did you configure 24online client for beam?

^^ nope i didn't do it....the beam guys who came to install the beam connection did it!!
are you using wireless?

yes ours calculated 2 days after & got SMS on 3rd day, but FUP kick in the moment i crossed 30GB, that time stil it was showing 8gb as my usage when it hits me.
I am little confused about all this setup (its been only one month)... But I used up the FUP on 2nd but didnot get any message till 4th...

Shall pay more close attention next time around...

Good for you...
I am at 350gigs as of 27th with 2mbps 🙁
350GB!! GOOD LORD!!
well mine is 34gb and ran out of stuff to download!! :S
i mean i downloaded and saw almost all the movies i wanted to see from a long time.!! (malena 😛 ocean eleven 12 13...pirates of caribbean all series...south park movie...big bang theory..simpsons....list goes on and on...still 34gb! )
wht do you guys download!!?! :O

well dont answer that question...am opening a new thread for it! 😀