Facing Problem, Modems Usb Light Automatically Off In Every 15-20mns

• Thread starter Thread starter mabhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,926

mabhi

Hi Friends,I am facing an strange problem with BSNL broadband from last 2 months. I have been using BSNL 250 plan. BSNL provided me Dataone SmartAX MT882 broadband modem. my problem is when i connect with internet then in every 15-20 minutes Modem's USB light automatically get off and internet connectivity stops. then i can not use internet. Getting rid of this then I off my modem from back switch and on again. then USB light comes again. This is only with Modem's USB light ,not with link light. Sometimes in every 2-3 minutes it occurs and sometimes in 1 hour interval. I noticed that it occurs more generally in evening 6PM to 10PM and then in night after 11pm it happens less. Customer care told that reinstall the driver. I have reinstalled modem driver so many times but no luck. There is no any problem with driver. I have windows XP and WIn 98. this problem is there with both Operating systems.Can any one let me know the solution. I am getting frustrated with this. Thank you for your time.

I would really like to track this problem - i need a solution too.

hi,there always have been one or the other issue with USB ports. in generall USB ports are not suitable for longer time frame of connections.people should avoid having torrent download all through the night via USB connection, as it will get disconnected. and in your case it maybe happening a bit frequently. well if the driver installs properly in pc, then there maybe some problem in the firmware of the modem. try to google for the latest stable firmware of the modem and get it uploaded, or else use the recent UT-300R2U.i have been using it sing a long time...and even for longer hours too. it has fewer disconnects.keep pinging...if the issue persists..regds,kirty

Hi Kirti ,

Thanks for reply. I will try with this and let you know about the result.

Thanks

QUOTE(jackrabbit @ Jan 20 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]76194[/snapback]
hi,
there always have been one or the other issue with USB ports. in generall USB ports are not suitable for longer time frame of connections.people should avoid having torrent download all through the night via USB connection, as it will get disconnected.
and in your case it maybe happening a bit frequently. well if the driver installs properly in pc, then there maybe some problem in the firmware of the modem. try to google for the latest stable firmware of the modem and get it uploaded, or else use the recent UT-300R2U.i have been using it sing a long time...and even for longer hours too. it has fewer disconnects.
keep pinging...if the issue persists..

regds,
kirty[/b]

hello everyone,The problem as you all are talking of is with my modem too.Actually this doesnt occur due to some software failure, this happens when someone in the house presses some power switch may be a bell or tubelight a fan or anything.This happens with every modem when connected using usb. I used both airtel as well as BSNL.I can be this sure because I generally use internet for online gaming and it immediately shows your break in connection with a bell ringing or some other swich...Sadly I dont know its remedy, thats y I am wondering here.

There could be a problem with the LED too, try continuously pinging 192.168.1.1 or 2 which ever assigned if you are not getting the reply then there is a real problem. in this case contact the exchange they will replace the modem if it is under warranty or taken on rental basiswhy dont you use Ethernet port, thats an alternative and best solution

May be "Splitter" problem. Try with another splitter. Or direct connect telephone line to modem without splitter.