• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,280

hitman

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
How to use facetime with 3G?? Is there any crack or hack or app available for tht?? I have official unlocked iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.5 ..
This facetime is quite a money saver cos phone calling to europe is very exp.. so would love if I can somehow use this facetime over 3G network ..
I know we can use skype or fring .. but facetime is best cos its linked to number and won't need any extra software ..

Secondly.. When I got the iphone I just cut my sim card to small size to fit into iphone .. but yesterday I got the microsim from vodafone store and transferred my number to tht sim .. and when I inserted tht microsim it asked me to activate facetime again .. But I guess facetime is activated on a number and not on sim .. is tht right?

----------

hmm... just googled abt this .. and found tht one need to jailbreak even the officially unlocked iphone... to make facetime work on 3G ..
But ppl have posted tht facetime over 3G will be supported on iOS5... So I guess I can wait for 1 month more .. Plus they gonna launch imessage service too .. so sms and mms free of cost between Apple devices .. tht's cool..

How to use facetime with 3G?? Is there any crack or hack or app available for tht?? I have official unlocked iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.5 ..
This facetime is quite a money saver cos phone calling to europe is very exp.. so would love if I can somehow use this facetime over 3G network ..
I know we can use skype or fring .. but facetime is best cos its linked to number and won't need any extra software ..

Secondly.. When I got the iphone I just cut my sim card to small size to fit into iphone .. but yesterday I got the microsim from vodafone store and transferred my number to tht sim .. and when I inserted tht microsim it asked me to activate facetime again .. But I guess facetime is activated on a number and not on sim .. is tht right?

----------

hmm... just googled abt this .. and found tht one need to jailbreak even the officially unlocked iphone... to make facetime work on 3G ..
But ppl have posted tht facetime over 3G will be supported on iOS5... So I guess I can wait for 1 month more .. Plus they gonna launch imessage service too .. so sms and mms free of cost between Apple devices .. tht's cool..

Yeah.. FaceTime only works over wifi. Apple has put in that restriction in iOS. The only way to activate FaceTime over 3G is to jailbreak your iPhone & install one of the FaceTime tweaks that will remove the restriction. The tweaks basically trick your iPhone make it think that ot is connected to a wifi network.

There are several Cydia tweaks such as Facebreak, 3G Unrestrictor, etc which allows you to use FaceTime on 3G 🙂

so sms and mms free of cost between Apple devices .. tht's cool..

you do realize that when you need wifi/2g/3g for this feature, it is similar to using email and nothing more?

Yeah I do ... but I was telling from my personal view point cos my bro is in europe and sis in aus and I too keep going here and there very often .. We all have iPhone Secondly .. its not exactly as emails.. its more like sms .. iphone take 15 mins to check the emails 😀 but this will be even faster just like sms .. faster both while sending and receiving ..So basically it feel like sending sms and tht too free of cost anywhere in world ..

or you can use an instant messaging app that supports file sharing? Apple imessage and blackberry messenger have one disadavantage. they are single platform. facebook messenger, google huddle and third party apps like kik and whatsapp have multiple platform support. but then it does not matter in your case if all your important contacts are using the iOS platform 🙂

But prob is the 3rd party app should always be running in background .. while features like facetime and imessage r integrated to the contact list and won't be using any extra resources ..Even if I install skype etc .. the features like facetime and imessage will still be there .. so I don't see the use of running any 3rd party app ..I understand tht its single platform .. But again I don't use phone for text chat to my clients or anything work related .. You have directly call ur clients 🙂So basically I use these features for facetiming family members or sending some sms to them ..

right. from my experience google+ app on android does not really run in the background all the time. you have to have sync turned on which i do not like. sms on the other hand is always on. not sure how imessage would work on iPhone... does it require you to have sync feature on or not. i guess Apple would have it permanently on for the sake of it.

Yeah on iPhone too google+ and FB won't show running in background .. But it show notifications when u receive some new wall message .. There r notification feature for the app .. so u can turn tht on and off to get the notifications .. I guess tht too basically work like a sync thing ..But imessage its totally different .. Its just like sending normal sms or mms to ur contact .. and they will recieve it like one receives sms or mms .. while on sending messages through google+ or fb .. one need to open tht particular app .. while imessage is linked to the phone numbers in contact list .. so u can send the sms from normal messaging window ..

another annoying thing about huddle is that you can send a huddle message to anyone. google does not even check if the other person has a smartphone running google plus app or not 😀and of course, there is no other way to access huddle messages except for the mobile app that is only available for android and ios right now.

btw I am using tht whatsapp .. It works exactly like imessage will work on iOS 5 .. plus app is there for android and BB too .. Pretty cool .. Got many of my friends living abroad using whatsapp 😀 ... so all got listed from my contact list automatically ..

right. it has become one of the most popular third party messaging app. the problem is that there are too many of them and you are lucky that your contacts are using whatsapp and nother others like Kik. facebook messenger however can change it all in the near future.

Yeah .. but I don't know why fb launched tht app .. messenger is already available in the facebook core mobile app .. so y a separate app???

coz chat in facebook app is not very intuitive. and i think facebook messenger allows for group messaging? which is not possible using regular facebook chat?

Yeah right.. but they could have integrated tht into the main app ..

----------

Btw tht FB chat fb won't show u ur online friends 😀
Wht's the use of tht chat app then...