Facebook and social networking privacy issues

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 17,674
Internet giant Facebook is accessing smartphone users' personal text messages, an investigation revealed Sunday.

Facebook admitted reading text messages belonging to smartphone users who downloaded the social-networking app and said that it was accessing the data as part of a trial to launch its own messaging service, The (London) Sunday Times reported.

Facebook spies on phone users' text messages, report says

if you are a heavy user of facebook, here is another setting that you might want to check out.

When you share personal data with Facebook friends, you're sharing your personal data with every app your friends use - raganwald's posterous

----------

i cannot link directly to the setting in question. i have a feeling it is intentional. though it is easy to access.

I can understand if it shares with every app I use, but not with what my friends use. That is WEIRD.

that's social sharing you know 😀 your friends leak your private information with others all the freaking time 😀

----------

and i have received multiple invitations from BranchOut on my own facebook account in the recent days. looks like a new headache.