Extremely slow surfing speed on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter apurvgupta1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 113
  • Views Views 19,054
That's it? And what about wiring? The normal wiring I'm using for triband works or will they do the new wiring setup for 1000?What are monthly charges for the VDSL modem? And like triband, is it necessary to keep a telephone or can I get rid of it if using VDSL? Opened a new thread for it here before Sushubh gets pissed off by me once again! 😛https://broadband.forum/index.php?/topic/68041-MTNL-VDSL-Installation-queries

sanke1 said:
Tariff page is opening as usual. Speeds are ok on VDSL.No change of plans except they have reduced post FUP speed to 512 kbps on ALL plans now.
1841 hrsLol Page opening only now for me.
BTW Check out the experience of a customer who has posted on the MTNL post wishing us 'MTNL Mumbai ki taraf se aap sabhi ko Raksha Bandhan Ki Hardik Shubhkamnayein.'

MTNL wished sadbhavna divas to everyone by reducing post FUP speed to 512kbps.Love the comments on their Facebook page.

panzer008 said:
Tht post was hilarious.....
Even shown photographic evidence, I hope their ED see it. And like that guy said no remorse that they are loosing a customer. I am lucky to be on Prabhadevi exchange, a little better there. Also see the post where a guy is kicking them politely regarding no increase in speeds.

dude it won't make any difference. i saw tht guy "villian" talk to the dgm as if he didnt matter ! and the dgm cudn't even override his decision. the entire union thing and all is so powerful that the higher ups dare not touch these people at all.

My line has completely gone dead, only the dsl line, phone is working but there is no DSL signal .

kickass said:
i saw tht guy "villian" talk to the dgm as if he didnt matter ! and the dgm cudn't even override his decision. the entire union thing and all is so powerful that the higher ups dare not touch these people at all.
That's surprising and pathetic. BSNL Pune is a lot better, I must say. 1 email to the GM and all hell breaks loose. Employees even get transferred out of the city if they talk arrogantly with customers. I don't know how, but the system works over here.

The speeds on MTNL have been pretty bad. I finally moved from my 2Mbps plan (1000 Xpress I think) to a 4Mbps plan (1249 Combo) but download speeds are still pathetic at 1.2 Mbps (Speedtest.net). I called the ladies at 1504 and asked them if I need to do anything to increase the speed (setting change etc). They said that nothing is required. Anyway after a lot of complaining, she finally gave me a number (24361221) and said I should call them after 10 am to see if they can help. I will update if I can get through to these guys.

it may take a few days to update ur speed to 4Mbps...... but u keep calling tht no.........
chk ur router...... at wht speed ur connected....... if its close to 4000Kbps...... if not tell them ur plan and update accordingly.....
Dont call 1504 now....... just keep trying tht no. .......

I keep trying that number but without luck. Does anyone know what the maximum speed that you can get on an ADSL/ADSL+ connection. Is it a factor of how far you are from the exchange? I would imagine so. Anyway, any help on this front will be appreciated.

AmitT said:
I keep trying that number but without luck. Does anyone know what the maximum speed that you can get on an ADSL/ADSL+ connection. Is it a factor of how far you are from the exchange? I would imagine so. Anyway, any help on this front will be appreciated.
it takes maybe days sometimes to get thru tht no. .... but u will eventually get thru..... I know this coz I hav used the same no. twice to change my speeds........ try betwn 10AM-4PM........
Speed depends on ur Line Attenuation stats(distance to exchg).....

[*]20bB. and below = Outstanding
[*]20dB-30dB. = Excellent
[*]30dB-40dB. = Very Good
[*]40dB-50dB. = Good
[*]50dB-60dB. = Poor and may experience connectivity issues
[*]60dB. and above = Bad and will experience connectivity issues
[/list]

[*]75 dB+: Out of range for broadband
[*]60-75 dB: max speed up to 512kbps
[*]43-60dB: max speed up to 1Mbps
[*]0-42dB: speed up to 2Mbps+
[/list]So chk ur line stats......