External Hard Disk: No External Power - To be used as a storage device for media player

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,264

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Have to gift it to a friend. He is looking for a 2TB drive though not sure if these devices can operate without external power. I understand that hard disks are unreliable piece of junk. So any model from any company can fail in a matter of days if not hours. Just want some options to consider if anyone knows about these things!

seagate,WD.both are good.

for without power you will need 2.5" ones.they will get power from USB.they come in 2TB size too if i am not wrong but are a bit expensive and not sure if they are easily available in india.

Upvote 0
the few models i saw... reviews complained about product description not being complete/accurate about the power requirement. so was looking for some specific models that are available through Flipkart/Amazon that I can just order and be done with it 🙂

Upvote 0
These are same models though the description for the first one seems confusing. Checking the part number in specifications suggest they are from same series STDR200030x where x denotes color code 1,2,3 etc.

Upvote 0
i have himedia player, tried to sream Blureay, it really lagged. Direct USB connection works one and most probably any HDD will do. WD my passport is pretty good !

Upvote 0