Extend Wifi range using a spare wireless router?

• Thread starter Thread starter koolpal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,250

koolpal

ISP
MTNL
Hi guys,
My primary router is DSL-2750U which is in one room where the MTNL line terminates.
The wifi range from this router does not each my hall.
I have a spare wireless router: ZyXEL: P-660HW-T1 V2
Is there any way I can use this spare router near my hall so that my wifi range is extended into the hall?
I do not have an option to drag any wires from the primary router to anywhere near the hall, hence all wired approaches are ruled out.
Any advise on a wireless solution please?
Thanks a ton.

You could one of them in Repeater mode if the modems support that mode.

Thanks for the reply. I am specifically trying to explore using this [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]ZyXEL: P-660HW-T1 V2.[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Can you please guide me (or point me to a guide) which can help me make this [/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]ZyXel: P-660HW-T1 V2 work as a repeater?[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Thanks.[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color]

Thanks rsatbf,
I am not wanting to do anything on my D-Link. I had browsed to dd-wrt.com earlier and could not find anything for [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]ZyXEL: P-660HW-T1 V2 and hence turned to my friends on this forum!! :redface:[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color]