Experiencing Quality Distortion

• Thread starter Thread starter Azan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,465

Azan

ISP
Airtel
Hi, Recently i bought a unit of Tata Sky @ 2999 on 30st Dec and the installation was done on 31st and up an running on the same day. Allowing me to watch New year Specials. The Service was excellent and the Quality is also very very satisfactory comparing the service provided by the local cable operator.:thumbsup: But now, Last Sunday when i was watching pearl harbor in Vijay TV, i was experiencing signal distortion:wall:. This is something like Watching a scratched dvd. I called up the Tata Sky Customer care and they had advised me to Reconnect all cables, Clean the digicard , have done everything and the problem was continuing, Again called Customer Care, But again the same request to clean and connect properly , Also stated that if the problem persists, then they will send a tech person. 🙁 Later i left out due to the problem. The whole week was without any problem. But again now on Sunday, the problem reappears. I am not calling a tech person because, the problem doesn't appear all the time, and i can't say when it would appear. Also i there is any charge if a tech person visits ? Can anyone guide me a solution ?

the problem u r facing only in Vijay tv or all the channels ?and, if u have any problem in STB , u dont give service charge for the tech person(they will not ask- thats the other thing). update the proceedings here. aju bhai will help u 🙂

hi, Problem with all the channels. I called customer care today, they had asked me to do a final check by switching ON the TV and Box , Remove the Power Adapter , wait for 10 secs and again Plug in, At the same time, I need to Press the Select, Next , Channel UP and Channel Down in the setup top box for 30secs. I did i couple of times, but never got the blue setup screen which they wanted, It jus said to redo the procedure. So i jus requested them to ask an engineer to visit the Place. After the call i tried my self again, The problem is 2 buttons are on the left side and other 2 are on the right, Very hard to configure as a single person cause there is no balance to support. But i succeeded. It jus a screen which checks where cable is connected, antenna is powered and digicard is plugged. I again called up the customer care. and again updated the case, this time, they wanted me to check the signal strength available from the menu, and came to understand that there is no standard signal and it goes up and down like an equalizer. They have taken a request. Let me see what's next from tata's end ... to resolve the issue.Few things i Noted today .. The call center automatically configures your Desired language, also identifies you with the caller identification. When i called, it automatically said the balance in my account. It's very nice instead of going through a number of Key Press. Second thing is there is a option to check signal from the organizer menu, which i feel it's not working , cause when i saw first before calling, it didn't show any variations, but when gone through their route it works.