Experiences of using GPS

• Thread starter Thread starter mreccentric
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 103
  • Views Views 16,122
you use Galaxy S? 😀 never knew that toocool

what do u mean??? i never hide the fact that i use age old galaxy s 2 years old with me now and 2.5 years in total i think.......:miserable::grin:

have told here a lot of times here

I used brutmaps (now ownhere) 2 years ago. Google nav was really useful. It had trouble speaking indian roads but I got through the busy bangalore roads 🙂

Ditto and then ownhere maps. Both had navigation for India for years.

Didnt know there was so much ignorance about GPS and navigation here also. Some of you guys talk like my colleagues who can not tell GPS from GPRS.

It's same....... And yes its free For 7 days 😀 Space required will be around 1 gb I think........ Depending on your requirements may be low also if don't download all states

It's same....... And yes its free
For 7 days 😀
Space required will be around 1 gb I think........ Depending on your requirements may be low also if don't download all states
So it takes one GB to download complete India Map.

@x720, lol thanks, looks like you nailed it. @mercentric, you are right too. Lol@bobby, it was a joke 😛

Whats the big difference? just the second version of the phone (i guess).

Yes just another version with just hell lot of new features! 😛

Used Google Navigation today... wasn't too happy with caching of maps because it happens only for around 10miles. So, i wanted the complete city map, which seems to be not possible to cache. Does this Google Navigation use internet when i use it on the go(if i use with cached maps)?

yes ......gprs/3g needed all the time, and on my sgs i could cache atleast 100 miles diameter, donno why u can only save only 10 miles

yes ......gprs/3g needed all the time, and on my sgs i could cache atleast 100 miles diameter, donno why u can only save only 10 miles

any videos which show how to cache 100miles ?
i can cache only 10miles square box.