Experience with Acer India Service Center

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,610
So I have this imported unit of Acer Chromebook 13. This model is not on sale in India. Charger stopped working. I went to local store. Only to find out that they do not have a compatible charger in stock so they would need to order a new one. But to order a new one, I need to file a complaint with their call center. I called up their support number only to be told that since this model is not on sale in India, the spares are not available so they cannot help me at all.

Also during this ordeal... Found out that to avail the warranty on an imported unit... I need to provide the original invoice and the person whose name is on the invoice also needs to be present. Even if you have registered the product on their website. Awesome right?

On @Nishant's suggestion, I took the charger to the market and got it checked with a multimeter from an electronics store. The guy was pretty sure that the unit is faulty as there was no current at the end points.

Now I would try to locate an original charger unit online somewhere. Could not find one during my 15 minutes of Googling. Third party chargers are available. Would cost around 2300 rupees through eBay Global Buy program. Hopefully it would work and the problem is not with the laptop itself. Because Acer India has completely refused to support this product even outside warranty.

Last edited:
Can you post the picture of charger with the details printed on it as well as the charger pin?

This is the pin... (third party charger)

zURkyme.jpg

This is the charger

2V6YH5V.jpg

It is available on Amazon uk and u s a and and many third party usa and uk stores you can try one of them i search model number

Yeah if you are damn sure that your charger is faulty then go ahead do check your laptop buy your friends charger if he has a chromebook

Did you try Nehru place? Remember finding a perfect fit for my imported HP laptop from us working like a charm with a local charger for around 800 bucks..but that was many years back..

my local hardware guy was able to locate a version that had the same rating. by that time i had already placed an order from an american store which of course cost me 3 times more 😕