Experience getting a new Airtel Broadband Connection for Landline Usage

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 6,159
did you ask if there are any plans cheaper than 899?
i am still on adsl because i do not want to dump my 599-150+99 plan. i am largely using it for landline and sometimes i access the cctv using phone but experience is awful because of stupid low upload speeds.

The guy I spoke with was mostly clueless and has arranged a call back tomorrow,
I think I will go with adsl or only landline connection too as they can use their old cable which I still have in the house when I was using Airtel, if they are giving unlimited std and local calls which is attractive, the whole new modem to keep in the house just for a connection doesn't seem that good idea..

adsl or vdsl? airtel is no longer advertising adsl plans around here. and i am not sure if they would give you an adsl plan with cheaper plans available on it if you ask for it.

right. airtel probably would not provide new adsl connections where vfiber is launched. that is why i am not upgrading. they keep on calling me to upgrade. but i do not want to pay more for the services for which i am already overpaying for!

i mean i thought about using their internet for backup. but i hit a blocked domain within five minutes of using it. i am sticking to local cable internet people.

there adsl plans dont even show up on their site anymore, on through a google search we get it. Ab mai kya karu regarding landline connection 😀

they have some plans like 349 unlimited std and local and asking rs 500 for install but since we arealdy have wiring of airtel in the house done on my 1st connection i ever had, so was gonna be using that one only, lets see a call from airtel said they will refund the install charges, don't know why they keep trying to give us their phone instruments when we rather take benefit in the bill of the same..
i could not find this plan online however, on asking the executive he said plan is not avail online lol

You can get waiver of installation by paying advance 3 month rental.
Any landline can be used with adsl or vdsl connection. If they provide voice then any instrument would work.
You can ask for retention plan or discount after certain period.
I think fup limit on call is removed now. Though they’ll certainly disconnect if using for call centre type stuff.

Last edited:
I paid Rs.500 for installation and took their 799 plan initially, because that was the lowest available in Bangalore.

Got VDSL Modem as a part of the package, no additional charges.

Was able to call customer care and later downgrade to 599 plan - 40Mbps upto 30GB, Unlimited calls.

There were plans lower than this but without unlimited calling.

Also, Airtel does not provide phone equipment anymore, at least here in Bangalore and we can't opt out of the modem option - it's free and part of the package.
P.S: I already had ADSL modem that I wanted to use but the Airtel guy insisted that I take the Beetel VDSL Modem instead. I asked for another brand because of the bad experience with Beetel but they didn't have stock at the time.

you can get 300rs retention discount on current plan easily. try after first month bill payment....

Last edited:
All ok now, will update once bill is received, installation charge of RS 500 they will give as Rs 100 on each bill back,

For their instruement they were asking another Rs 200, which I refused,

Anyways airtel team who did the install was good, one person did wiring, other did connection to box, and 3rd one finally activated it 😛 took about 3 hrs, no fresh wiring was done, existing wiring was used.

mmm. they did. and then they outsourced it to beetel. not sure what's the status here but i have owned a few of their devices.
here is an old dusty one lying around here that i should have thrown out years ago 😀

pskASYU.jpg

Ah. Right. I did see this at my mama's house long time back and used to think that damn that is a fancy phone set whereas MTNL used to offer a set which was probably made in the 90s.