experience/creativity needed, printer not working cannon pixma mp145...

• Thread starter Thread starter fua2014
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,184
ISP
bsnl
hello friends, im new here and i believe its a magical forum, im totally messed up with my printer due to lack of experience or knowledge, my exams going to start in 10 days so i have to print lots of pages..
i have an old cannon pixma mp145 printer which was not in use from last two years(as other source was available) so i just done some dusting and connected it to power source it was displaying E5 error code on display i thought it is because of cartridges since they were not use from two years or they become empty when i left printer so this time i decided to refill the cartridge as new pair of cartridge were costing me about 2100rs which givies near about 250 pages only, i tried with black one(pg-830) only as only b&w pages i needed also giving me message "the following ink cartridge cannot be recognized black because it may not be properly installed or not compatible with printer", when i tested to print so i purchased a black pigment ink bottle from a local shop of cost rs80, as i was going to refill a cartridge for first time i visited youtube and viewed many videos related to refilling that cartridge finally i refilled it neatly and accurately. finally i properly installed the cartridge inside the printer and powered it on, unfortunately same error E5 was displaying so i further googled that error and come to the conclusion that i will have to reset my printer to replace E5 by 1, i did my best and now 1 is displaying on the LED but still when im sending something to print, giving me same message, print cannot be execute because cartridge is not installed properly or not compatible with printer even i repeated in and out of cartridge many times....

Get it repaired or buy a new cheapo printer. 2 years is a long time. Everything is probably dried up and messed up inside.

How everything,,,, yup cartridge might be clogged or dried out, and never messed with internal machine, I bet if I buy new original cartridge it will work properly but that's the problem I explained above I don't want to invest on those expensive cartridge...if no solution comes out then I will ask you guys for new n cheap printer according to my requirements but before that I want someone who is use to of refilling and who can understand my doubts....

I am not sure but Canon printers are not usually known to be friendly with refilled cartridges. In your case however, cartridges might have damaged the print head or whatever they call that component.

I suggest getting a HP Ink Advantage printer and sticking with official ink cartridges if you are not sure about how to use refilled cartridges on a printer properly.

Use alcohol or thinner to clean the print heads on the cartridge . They are most probably blocked due to non-usage . you can use Warm water if thinner/alcohol is not available . IF this step doesn't work you will have to use a unclog tool ,but given it has been long enough for 2 years , i will suggest you to buy a el-cheapo printer for 2k or get it printed from outside .
You may also buy a compatible or remanufactured black cartridge for a bit cheaper .

thats what i was about to ask, you said buy a new cartridge so if anyone here using or used a cannon printers, specially pixma mp series,,,, is it possible to install only one cartridge, say black one and left other empty or dried, will it work?

my colored one is almost empty. i am not sure if it is fully empty. black is working for now. i would still suggest to dump this printer and not take risk of buying Rs. 1200 cartridges. just invest in an ink advantage series from HP.

Take your printer to the local hardware market. They sell old cartridges of all makes and models in such places. Ask them to show you a test print. If it seems good, you can get those second hand stuff for cheap. Or invest in new cartridges. If they don't work, you buy a new printer.

same story like once I felt.
few yrs back I was having some issues with laser printer and bought a deskjet.
after 100 or so prints in a month, I kept that printer away for a yr.
and when I tried to get print outs, world was out of lights.
Had to throw it on hardware wala store along with old laser one 6L Gold and bought a new HP Laserjet.
So what I recall is there's some piezo which doesn't gets fixed if printer is used and kept in shelf for longer periods.
if you take a print every 4-5 weeks then only it has chances of prolonged shelf life.

and now working on another old shit placed in my home,, this one is Konica Minolta Magicolor 2500w laser printer, this was also out of use from about one year because of facing some issues at that time which are still same like paper jamming after 2 or 3 prints croping text from bottom end and lest end of whole vertical length so if anyone can help me on this will be very great full.......

but along with messing with this i just ordered a new printer from flipkart, this is, Ricoh Aficio SP 100
here is the link : Ricoh B and W Laser Printers - Aficio SP 100 Single Function Laser Printer - Ricoh: Flipkart.com

so please check this out and suggest me weather my selection is fine or i should cancel it????

aww. you could have taken the link from me :tongue: did you check the cost of cartridges toner for this printer? i have not seen anyone using a ricoh here in india. based on flipkart reviews, looks like a great deal!

k next time i will buy everything via your link will you provide some commission too??? lol.... 😛layful:
well i ordered it because of its price, i was looking for a cheap printer and a laser printer of rs 3000 should call super cheap, is'nt it?
about toner cost i found most amazing thing that ricoh itself appreciates their customers to refill its cartridge by own without voiding the warranty and proving refill pouch for just rs 400 which promises 2k pages and i scaned all customer reviews on flipkart where everyone was looking very comfortable with refilling.....
but why i mentioned here because i want your view on this anything negative about the product will also be welcome so do some r&d and rate my selection....