Existing wifi router broken. Should I buy from airtel?

• Thread starter Thread starter pudu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,738
Status
Not open for further replies.

pudu123

Regular
ISP
Airtel Xtreme 40Mbps
My existing beetle 450 tc1 wifi router that I got when I bought airtel iptv connection 3-4 years ago has given up. Customer care is telling me a new one will cost me 1600 rupees. They have me two wifi options beetel 450 tc1 & bt845w. Should I get one of these or should I get another wifi router from the market myself? Will it work with airtel iptv/broadband?Which modem should I buy?

I am using an Airtel 450TC1 on my BSNL 8Mbps connection. I am getting the fastest speed only with this modem router. I tried with 3 other modem routers and none of them give me the speed. However, this is no guarantee that it will be the same for your scenario...

The wifi feature of 450 tc1 is really bad. My iptv plan provides 2 Mbps of Internet. The speed is not the problem. The problem is the spotty wifi network that the beetel router provides.

Yes I agree on the wifi spottiness. I would buy a good named brand from the market. However, the modem on the 450tc1 is what gives me the speed on my connection. I am using it as a direct modem and have disabled the wifi on it. I use a Linksys wireless router...

The problem with beetel branded routers is that they broadcast an additional ssid called mgmnt which I believe can't be switched off.

I was able to switch it off. It was tricky as the save button was getting disabled, but I managed to do it in a roundabout fashion... dont recall exactly but can figure it out if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.