• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 8,134

Jignesh

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber
Note: These pics are of Tata Sky HD service which is currently on Testing mode pulled off from another source of NGC HD channel

Video

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UGBvY2d3968

TS Haters plz stay away from here and refain from making offtopic comments regarding its SD picture quality these days.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Test transmission pics

i have issues with the hugeass logo they have put on the bottom right side.

i have issues with the hugeass logo they have put on the bottom right side.

It is rather noticeable, isn't it? But as long as they roll out HD soon, I don't think that ginormous logo is going to keep me from moving to TS HD

i take huge offense to these logos which are being put by pretty much by every operator. this is not something that is required by the regulatory body or even the media companies. this is poor service to the end user. 🙁

i take huge offense to these logos which are being put by pretty much by every operator.

this is not something that is required by the regulatory body or even the media companies.

this is poor service to the end user. 🙁

This is just in Testing mode buddy. Once they officially launch, it 'll be back to its normal size I guess. Not unlike RELIANCE BIG TV 😀

Hmm so I assume that to get these HD channels, we need to pay 5999 or 8999 to upgrade our TS STBs!?

Well Dishtv is also coming up with their HD Service very shortly, and I am sure it will be economical and at more competitive price as compared with other operators.

I completely agree with admin, Logo looks to be quite huge and distracting, Further I heard now Dishtv is also planning to launch their HD shortly, Its Interesting to see their HD service, as i believe as saurabh said it would be quite economical with other operators. At present only Sun Direct is giving HD Service which is very costly. and Bigtv is just launched which also seems to little costly and have only one HD Channel so far.

Any other info than just besides some test pictures?Price? Launch date? Any info?

i take huge offense to these logos which are being put by pretty much by every operator.

this is not something that is required by the regulatory body or even the media companies.

this is poor service to the end user. 🙁

I totally second that. We are PAYING for watching a DTH service, and not for a huge logo on the screen, which is totally anti-quality service. Also, its high time TSky wenton to reduce the size of its existing logo, or still better get a new one designed with only TS, or maybe TSky as its logo. Thinking of it logically, anyone getting that logo on his screen ALREADY knows he has subscribed for Tata Sky, so why the hell does the subscriber need to see what he already knows and is PAYING for it. High time the logo either goes away, or is replaced with a very small one. Best is to remove it altogether. If it appears on HD service, it will be killing the high quality of the screen, well partially speaking. One wants to get the feel that he is watching HD quality, if not BluRay, without any onset of logos.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Well Dishtv is also coming up with their HD Service very shortly, and I am sure it will be economical and at more competitive price as compared with other operators.

Sorry, DishTV maybe economical, but in terms of picture quality terms, it is just terrible. I got it initially and then dumped it. They are focussed on the mass market, and dont care about folks like us who are fighting for quality and expect a better return for our buck. I would say it is safe to quote that Tata Sky and Airtel's HD service would be the best in quality terms. Pricing, is a matter of time, but people like us are usually the early jumpers and adaptors, so we need to keep an eye on quality and pricing both.

Hmm so I assume that to get these HD channels, we need to pay 5999 or 8999 to upgrade our TS STBs!?

Not necessarily, actually both the Tata Sky+ and the newer Black TataSky STBs are DVB-S2, so they can recieve HD broadcasts. Not to mention the component out means you can get a 1080i signal.

@Jignesh - Where in the first place did you get these pics and videos??@Sushubh - Did you notice that the NGC HD logo is barely visible here where as the TSHD logo covers bloody half the screen... I watch all my shows like fringe via downloads and the Directv shows have only a FOX logo on them that too very discreet and transparent whereas Directv comes only once at the beginning of the show when the same FOX logo expands to tell you that its a show on Directv in HD...they don't even put the HD logo throughout......What a shame same parent company puts and Indian subsidiary thru so much crap 🙂