Exclusive : Hathway HD Channels Pic !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 62,251
https://i.imgur.com/BLfV5.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

OK - So my question is - this is 1080i ? and not 1080p ?
by my limited electrical knowledge - i- stands for interlaced and p-for progressive.
and 1080p is actually TRUE HD , and not 1080i - as often misquoted.
With 1080i , alternate pixel rows of your HDTV are being lit up - and then alternate ( forexample, for the 1st micrsosecond, the 1s,3rd,5th,....1079th row of pixels would be lit up ..and for the second microsecond the 2nd,4th,6th......1080th, would be lit up.
They alternate so fast - that u dont notice it with the naked eye, and hence your eyes see an entire image and not fluctuating pixels ( as really is the case )
With 1080p, all the pixels on ur tv get lit up simultaneously - making 1080p a better and TRUE HD resolution compared to 1080i
Infact, most people agree that after 1080p, 720p is a better and higher resolution , and then comes 1080i , and then 720i and so on and so forth..
Now my question is ( and i dont know what specs Tata Sky or other DTH HD players offer ) , do they offer 1080p ? or is it 1080i ?
Also, if it is 1080i ? then it would depend on the quality of the TV processor as far as PQ is concerned.
I think most TV processors now-a-days are cabable of upscaling and showing true HD picture..
Anybody can shed any light ? maybe indianmascot ? i guess u are the techie here ?

EDIT - I think Tata Sky HD airs in 1080i - any idea about other DTH ?

Whats happening to this thread. I am unable to view the last post . Its diverting to Page 9 everytime.

@ Nikhil....No operator is airing at 1080p at this moment. It requires lot more bandwidth than 1080i, so its not feasible right now.@ Mascot.....May be as Nikhil is new member, Admin had to approve his post for it to get thru. Especially coz it contained an image.

it just need d minimum signal for STb to operate, if signal is weak, ur STB PQ will start freezing, nd if its poor den u will get NO siganl on d display.
For HD box also its d same, u require min signal to operate, if u get min signal ur STB will work nd give output of HD chanells

I don't know about that. When I got HD connection, he just replaced digital set top box by HD box.

Today I got the Hathway HD box for demo from my cable operator. Some quick observations:1. The HD channels looks good. The SD channels are pretty much same as the SD Box.2. The sound quality has certainly improved over the SD box.I have one question😀id anybody got any update regarding when new set of HD channels would become available?

I have one question:
Did anybody got any update regarding when new set of HD channels would become available?

this is very big question, at first hathway told us end of this month and than mid jan. i am sure many members r waiting for few more channels to be launched to buy the hd stb including me.hoping for jan now were hathway is expected to roll in full swing. also there is a hint of price reduction to lure more customer

also there is a hint of price reduction to lure more customer
Then I am thinking to postpone buying this box till Jan end.

Also, I can listen to the enhanced sound quality now, but I am not sure whether it is delivering 5.1 sound on my basic Sony Home Theatre system. I have connected L and R volume output with Sony HD TV and then again L and R output from TV to Home Theatre. Is there any other way in which these devices could be connected to deliver a 5.1 experience. Though there are some limitations with the home theatre:
1. There is no HDMI In 🙁 though there is one HDMI out.
2. It doesn't have a 5.1 input, only 5.1 output 🙁

Just noticed that it has options for Language and Subtitles as well... which we can not change from the default one.

Sometimes I get pixellation on Ten HD, Discovery and Movies now. Clarity is not like how it was when they launched it. Is any one having this issue?

Sometimes I get pixellation on Ten HD, Discovery and Movies now. Clarity is not like how it was when they launched it. Is any one having this issue?

Oh No! :shock:

May b the old wires r playing foul play here? From the beginning i m not able to digest the fact that HD services are being provided on old cables.....who knows in what condition wud b those cables!

Am about to go for hathway HD. However am unable to get a clear picture of channels available. For 6666, are all channels SD and HD available? Or are there any channels that have to be subscribed to separately? Someone menitioned to me that there are about 10 SD channels which will not be included be default. Anyone using Hathway HD in mumbai can confirm channel details please. Thanks,Cheers!