Exclusive : Hathway HD Channels Pic !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 62,235
I meant SD DVR only. U quoted its price at around 9k......so i meant that even though its just SD DVR, its at 9k! Thats too much.

Bangalore is not a CAS area. Cost is Rs6,666 for one year. This includes cost of the STB + All the HD channels + all the SD channels free for one year. If there are any new channel additions in 1 year you don't have to pay anything extra. Don't know what would the pricing/month next year.

6666 pa is fine enuf i guess. HD box + 1 year of all channels.......including the HD ones.

Some more Pics.... Thanks to IndianMascot for all the help

Setup Box Pic:Remote:

----------

Are hathway hd STBs available in Delhi??
Try calling 011- 46085734, 9871011365, 9818107394

Wow, Remote is too sexy. Even the SD Box Remote was quite sleek and good. HD Box Remote seems to be much more better than any other remote I have ever seen.

Hi,Thanks for such a helpful thread & posts as everybody were waiting for the Hathway HD (atleast those who switched from hathway for HD channels but missed it during rainy seasons when DTH were fluctuating & waiting for Hathway HD to get live). Can you please post pics/screens of the system settings menu of the setup boxis setup box manufacturer humax or some other? this is very important for me because i have airtel hd dth & airtel setup box cannot be controlled by my amp's (denon 1611) remote as i do not have remote ir codes of kaon media (airtl dth hd setupbox manufacturer) My amps remote can control humax stb boxesis it outputting 5.1 sound for HD channels or stereo soundhows the audio qualityany news about getting Start plus, Start Gold HD Channels SPDIF is coaxial or optical?

SPDIF is optical.

When they were about to launch HD, they were planning to launch with star channels. It seems negotiations are still on. Last week, my cable operator had told by this week end we should get star channels. Not sure if sports channels will come soon.

If you are planning to go for hathway HD, I would suggest wait for some time till they launch few more HD channels.

I am getting 5.1 sound for HD channels.

No idea about the manufacturer of HD set top box. It is not mentioned anywhere on the box!

I will post the pics of system settings menu in couple of days.

----------

Hathway was planning to launch HD in June/July and it took long for them to launch. So wait for few more HD channels to be added.

SPDIF is optical.

When they were about to launch HD, they were planning to launch with star channels. It seems negotiations are still on. Last week, my cable operator had told by this week end we should get star channels. Not sure if sports channels will come soon.

If you are planning to go for hathway HD, I would suggest wait for some time till they launch few more HD channels.

I am getting 5.1 sound for HD channels.

No idea about the manufacturer of HD set top box. It is not mentioned anywhere on the box!

I will post the pics of system settings menu in couple of days.

----------

Hathway was planning to launch HD in June/July and it took long for them to launch. So wait for few more HD channels to be added.

Hi thanks for reply.

Are you getting 5.1 audio over the HDMI cable itself or you have to connect SPDIF for getting 5.1 as in current Airtel & other HD STB's

Is sound quality good specially comparing to Airtel & other HD DTH. because i get very low sound on start channels but Movies Now HD is fine.

I guess to know about the setup box manufacturer, the STB needs to be open 🙂

I have connected optical out of STB to home theater. I have not tested 5.1 over HDMI.Sound quality of Movies now is very good compared to other HD channels. I haven't tested Airtel DTH so can't comment on that 🙂

Btw, i had one question about S/PDIF....generally people use S/PDIF & Co-axial interchangeably. I guess something is missing here. Need to learn something myself, and clarify here for everyone too.....

Here it is from Wiki:

S/PDIF is a digital audio interconnect used in consumer audio equipment over relatively short distances. The signal is transmitted over either a coaxial cable with RCA connectors or a fiber optic cable with TOSLINK connectors. S/PDIF interconnects components in home theaters and other digital high fidelity systems. S/PDIF is based on the professional AES3 interconnect standard.[1] S/PDIF can carry two channels of PCM audio or a multi-channel compressed surround sound format such as Dolby Digital or DTS.

S/PDIF - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So its clear now, that there are 2 variants of It....1 is Co-ax & 1 is optical. And the optical is also known as TOSLINK.