Exclusive: Game Package - 512 Kbps

• Thread starter Thread starter techiways
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 13,803

techiways

Hi,

I'm subscribed for the UL 900 package and get a constant download speeds of upto 30 kb / sec.

I recently came across this option of game package in the services menu of my dataone web administration panel. When i activated the service online, my speed was increased to 60kb per sec that is over 512 kbps.. Likewise when i deactivated the service from the menu, my normal speed of 30kb/sec was restored.

I do not see any notifications or news about this game package service. Could someone throw some light on this new service offering by BSNL? What is the use of this service?

Are there any additional charges if i activate that service?

I also noticed that when the service was activated, the data transfer was being accounted in service records.

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1kn7.jpg

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2wl6.jpg

Thanks 🙂

^ No such service is officially available at present .
BOD Service | GAMES | VoD | Gaming [/b]

some of the value added services were made available on
experimental basis during the beginning days of Dataone .
It was just to attract the new customers ... Any such service is
charged extra .

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 18 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]58907[/snapback]
^ No such service is officially available at present .
some of the value added services were made available on
experimental basis during the beginning days of Dataone .
It was just to attract the new customers ... Any such service is
charged extra .
[/b]

The gaming service is available at present. My question is, what is the use of this gaming package? What is the possible charge for this value added service? Is there any official link where the charges for VAR is enlisted!?

^ no details available . better to contact the help desk /Commercial Officer at the Local Exchange ...

I also activated the gaming service but didn't notice any change in speeds. Maybe it takes effect after some time. I will check my speeds tomorrow. 🙂

Edit: after 8 minutes, i am receiving download speeds of more than 512 kbps. voila

but upload speed are just about 100 kbps (checked at http://speakeasy.net/speedtest)

I now want to know the rates of this service 😛

Edit again: I was too quick. Now speed is back to 256 kbps. I think it is in testing process right now. 🙁

yes man im usin...this 512 since last week i came to knw frm BSNl Office in HYd..Price is 1500 /- only daily Download limit 3 GB So enjoy...

Oops bad news! 🙁 bsnl has jus updated the admin panel. They have removed all VAR services including game package. Prolly someone from bsnl read this post i guess.. Should have been a bug in their system... I don think they'd have charged us extra if we had activated the service.... Lets hope it comes back.. Was givin me amazing 60 kb per sec download for 2 hours constantly!!!

QUOTE(cyrux @ Aug 19 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]59017[/snapback]
I am still getting that speed 😛
[/b]
I activated tht service for 30 minutes

game package1 2006/08/18 23:45:09 2006/08/19 00:10:41 3674 51127 54801 1532 154

54 MB counted
damn !! i hope they dont charge me for tht ...

The services are back !!! yahoo..... Just 25rs a day? Are you sure sh?This is awsome... we can speed up the bandwidth when there is a need to download high speed data for just 25 bucks.... Someone could you please confirm the pricing for this service? Officially would be appreciated