Exclusive: Game Package - 512 Kbps

• Thread starter Thread starter techiways
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 13,796
i called the techies today and they said absolutely things that are unbelievable.I told the entire matter and they said they would check and call me after sometime.When they called me they said they are just able to download games like cricket from www.Dataone.in after activating the damn game package 1 and there was no change in the speed :lol:

I told 'em that no such links are available for downloading games except the boost in the speed.so they said they'd confirm and tell me tomorrow.

But this is very much similar to bandwidth on demand (BoD)

I think they are planning to introduce Games on Demand to make ppl not to move to oter ISPs.

i called the dataone techie in my city and he told me bod test bod test 2 and game package 1 are not active. i said i clicked the ACTIVATE button and the speed went up to 512 kbps and i used it for a while and it shows in the account status. he told me to go visit him around 12 noon tomorrow in the bsnl office. So i will go and see what he gotta say about this and im planning to show him my own control panel and let him see those game package 1 data that has been added to my list. hope he got some answers..sunder_milo thx for your comments here.. waiting for ur next comment on this as u said your techie friend will call u tomorrow to confirm the status of the speed boost to 512 kbps.. plz ask him .. about the charges.. i personally think this service is free till any official notification on the bsnl.co.in site(regardless of the data showing in the control panel).cheerz

Why do u guys keep on calling the customer care....jus keep enjoying the speed

why are u guys announcin the scheme.....let them know when they want to.until then if its not botherin them then don't bother them....lol

QUOTE(avinds @ Aug 21 2006, 10:31 PM) [snapback]59330[/snapback]
Why do u guys keep on calling the customer care....jus keep enjoying the speed
[/b]
What happens when the bill comes because no one has any idea how much this enjoyment will end up costing.
Although it looks like this service will be charged on the time duration used basis (from the usage logs) no one is sure.

the Link may not be available now on some portals .

info from other community :

The link also pops up IndiaGaming site.

This is what they have to say:

Currently our gaming service has not gone
commercially live with BSNL ... [/b]

cool one guys, I'm getting consistenly 39 Kbps (used to get around 28 Kbps) before activation. It's available on the http://10.240.144.195 portal atleast. Pune region 🙂 & they can charge only from 1st sept.

Oh my god! I am really excited to use this BoD like activations if it is really 25 bucks/day. Really eager to hear about this on Sep 1st. If any of you guys have any confirmed information regarding this, then wherever you are, whatever you do, I don't care but plz inform here in this forum... Only one word to describe this "COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL"But hey I ain't gonna try it unless it is officially announced!

Hey guyz, I just Activated Gaming service....... And My Download speeds zipped past 60KB/s ... 🙂 .I think if I use it after 2:00 AM i should not be counted ..... what a thought... 😉 pranKster.