Exclusive: Game Package - 512 Kbps

• Thread starter Thread starter techiways
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 13,797
good news to BSNL customersyes itz 25 /- per day extra and u can use 512 kbps the whole day fom the time of activation in admin paneli confirmed it with BSNL officerwatch out for this special plan on BSNL website by this month end i.e. its going to be officially announced on September 1st. 😀

QUOTE(i_love_you @ Aug 19 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]59096[/snapback]
good news to BSNL customers
yes itz 25 /- per day extra and u can use 512 kbps the whole day fom the time of activation in admin panel
i confirmed it with BSNL officer
watch out for this special plan on BSNL website by this month end i.e. its going to be officially announced on September 1st. 😀
[/b]

So if we activate it for 24 hrs, it will charge us Rs. 25/- only ??
So it should 30 days X Rs. 25/- = Rs. 750 /- only - correct ??

What if i want to download a file and want to activate this connection for only say 3 hours.
So will I be charges Rs. 25/8 = Rs. 3.125 only ???

What i mean is - at present i got Home UL 900 Plus paying Rs. 900 /- per month @ 256 kbps.
So if i use this services 24 hrs, I will have to pay Rs. 750 /- extras which will come to Rs. 1650/- per month @ 512 kbps.

So what if i only use it for few hours everyday ?? Like everyday i use it for 3 hours and deactivate it after 8 days. So total hours of usage is 24 hrs. So will I be charges only Rs. 25/- for it ?

Or is it once u click that magic ACTIVATE button - the meter will charge u Rs. 25/- even if u use it for 1/2/3 hours only within 1 whole day (24hrs). And if i use another 1/2/3 hours the next day it will charge me Rs. 25/- again for my 2nd daye usage ??

All I did is some simple maths. Hope you all can understand.
Any comment on this now ??

QUOTE(PrinceHeart @ Aug 19 2006, 11:30 PM) [snapback]59104[/snapback]
So if we activate it for 24 hrs, it will charge us Rs. 25/- only ??
So it should 30 days X Rs. 25/- = Rs. 750 /- only - correct ??
What if i want to download a file and want to activate this connection for only say 3 hours.
So will I be charges Rs. 25/8 = Rs. 3.125 only ???

What i mean is - at present i got Home UL 900 Plus paying Rs. 900 /- per month @ 256 kbps.
So if i use this services 24 hrs, I will have to pay Rs. 750 /- extras which will come to Rs. 1650/- per month @ 512 kbps.

So what if i only use it for few hours everyday ?? Like everyday i use it for 3 hours and deactivate it after 8 days. So total hours of usage is 24 hrs. So will I be charges only Rs. 25/- for it ?

Or is it once u click that magic ACTIVATE button - the meter will charge u Rs. 25/- even if u use it for 1/2/3 hours only within 1 whole day (24hrs). And if i use another 1/2/3 hours the next day it will charge me Rs. 25/- again for my 2nd daye usage ??
All I did is some simple maths. Hope you all can understand.
Any comment on this now ??
[/b]

I think its the third option. You click that magic button and the meter starts running!!! Irrespecitive of how much u download, u will be charged 25rs/day unless deactivated.

Someone throw some official light on this?

Update:1. The data transfer is not being accounted.2. The service resets whenever you restart your computer. That is you must manually activate the service every time you restart pc / reconnect to the internet.3. 60 kb constant speed was logged in 12 hours of download.Ultimately this seems to be the best package available.

I have Home 900 UL and the data is being counted after i activated the gaming service.Got 50-60 KB/s,but now i switched back to normal 256Kbps.I called up the customer care and they told me they didnt know about the "Rs. 25/day" part.All they said was they wouldnt count the usage during the doublespeed period.This is a scam from BSNL,knowing that we idiots will activate and pay more. :blink: I dont want this service right now until BSNL officially announces about this scheme. 🙂

i called 16004241600 also... listen to the recording for 26 mins. a guy pick the phone. ask for my name and asked me to wait till he transfer me to the broadband section - listened to another 12 mins of recording and finally talked with a guy again. he don't know anything about bod bod2 and game package. nothing like this even existed he said. i said i have clicked it myself and use the speed of 60 kBps - but he said i don't have any information. if we get any information about it. we will let u know and he hangs up.Dataone is a good service but their customer service can be defined in 1 word "CRAP" !!

i know a guy in the technical department in BSNL in chennai.But as today is a sunday those techies wont be there in the office.Maybe ill call tomorrow and ask 'em about this damn service.

cool sundar_milo - u plz do it and let us know.. really don't wanna pay 10000 in my next phone bill...thx in advance 🙂

Just checked it out, download speed is indeed 64KBps but upload speed is same old 8KBps, now if they going to bring this plan with 8KBps upload speed then its just going to be headache for users.They should be providing upload speed as half of download but anything below 1/4th of download speed just degrade TCP performace to crawl only.

He he .. even i used this service day before yesterday and here is the screenshot
http://imageshack.us
downloaded and uploaded 943Mb in that period...and look at the last column. It says the traffic (Excluding night unlimited) is just 2.3Mb .. Infact i dont mind payin 3 bucks for what i have downloaded..lol

The CC doesnt know about this , so the point is its not officail , so i presume they might not bill this until they have announced the tarrif.
So can we use this service till end of this month before its *officially* out withouth getting billed.. What have you people decided ?

yeh and pingtime/latency matter more for online games then speed alone

but 64kbps will neway suck even with good pings

QUOTE(cyrux @ Aug 20 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]59190[/snapback]
He he .. even i used this service day before yesterday and here is the screenshot
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7006/gamepackagedl3.jpg
downloaded and uploaded 943Mb in that period...and look at the last column. It says the traffic (Excluding night unlimited) is just 2.3Mb .. Infact i dont mind payin 3 bucks for what i have downloaded..lol

The CC doesnt know about this , so the point is its not officail , so i presume they might not bill this until they have announced the tarrif.
So can we use this service till end of this month before its *officially* out withouth getting billed.. What have you people decided ?
[/b]

actually i noticed one thing ...... the "traffic" is equal to "duration"

can nebody else confirm this

Yup even my usage was logged similarly.

http://imageshack.us

Check out

I get upload speeds of upto 9Kb / Sec in this package....

Now if someone could confirm the tarrif, then we can happily start downloadin as much as we can!!!