Excitel will deny fiber plans if you pay directly to LCO

• Thread starter Thread starter proton8454
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,357
ISP
Airtel
So, after a month of back and forth and tackling them via Twitter and Email (which primarily seems unresponsive), it seems Excitel will deny you any fiber plan and possibly the security deposit if you plan to upgrade via paying the LCO directly.

At first, they will upgrade your speeds to 300mbps but once your plan expires, you will not be able to recharge any fiber plans because the account is still stuck on the copper variant, even though you have the hardware.

Excitel will not reply to anything and close the ticket without any resolution. While LCO on the other hand will demand you to pay again to get the connection registered on their system (ONU Serial Number and ONU MAC Address). I believe there is some smuggling of units going on and Excitel wants to stay clear of this as they earn their bread and butter because of LCOs themselves.

Today, I'll try one last time to call their customer care and report back if anything happens in the coming week.

Last edited:
Yes my parents had the same thing. The LCO upgraded them to fibre but the plans/backend still showed copper plans.
I tried using the upgrade to fibre option from the app as well (paying 1000 Rs) but the ticket was closed saying the LCO doesn’t have any fibre modems available

@ngrhd its not about upgrading to fiber by paying to lco, one is official excitel fiber where excitel manages everything, from olt at lco end, onu type, security etc. except fiber wire and installation part, while other is direct fiber by lco where lco has control on everything. Although they have announced upgrade to official fiber for everyone by 2021 end but don't know what will happen if lco simply don't want to upgrade to their fiber instead want to earn money by himself. My lco also wanted to lure me into this (he always told that he is not interested in excitel fiber as he has his own fiber infra) but i didn't take his onu and decided to be on copper infra until he upgraded to official excitel fiber. Now the same lco is upgrading everyone to excitel fiber even those on unofficial fiber. Few here changed lco just to get excitel fiber as their lco was not upgrading to excitel fiber. I am not supporting them but i guess this is the drawback of lco model, a company can't force things on lco(s) as they are partners not their employees.

Last edited:
@opomiyulen what's shitty is that this type of subtle differentiation was not available to take into consideration at the time of upgrade. Hence, one is duped by both LCO and Excitel.

Last edited:
Yes my parents had the same thing. The LCO upgraded them to fibre but the plans/backend still showed copper plans.
I tried using the upgrade to fibre option from the app as well (paying 1000 Rs) but the ticket was closed saying the LCO doesn’t have any fibre modems available
How were you able to resolve this?

Excitel does feel like a very poorly managed company. They have very little control over their LCOs and their customer service is akin to a solar eclipse - you get to experience it rarely. Even escalating to their senior management doesn't do the expedited effect one would expect from that level of escalation.

So after a long battle, the LCO man came yesterday to replace the modem with a pre-activated refurbished modem, and plans are visible again. I advise anyone who plans to upgrade their connection to do so ONLY by paying directly to Excitel from their portal itself.

Mine was also updated yesterday after complaining to excitel multiple times, but had to pay 1000 for the official excitel dumb ONU, even though the cable operator had charged 2k for his own fibre modem earlier.

ping speed etc. seems pretty good:

Source