Excitel Upload speed issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Vickey007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 6,740
ISP
Excitel Fiber Gurugram
Hello Guys

I did reactivate my Excitel Broadband Plan from March 1st week because I was not here in Gurgaon. And since I am back and activated the 300 Mbps Plan again, I am not able to get full 300 Mbps upload speed anywhere apart from speedtest.net. Even fast.com is not giving full 300 Mbps upload speed.
I do not know what is the issue here.

On google drive I am getting maximum 200 Mbps and that too is not constant.

On Onedrive, I am getting Average 50 Mbps, sometimes for a second or two it does hit 200 or 250 Mbps.

On my Dedicated Servers (Both Germany and NL) I am getting Maximum 20-30 Mbps speed.

When last year in May I got my connection my Public IP Range was 103.57.xx.xx and 103.211.xx.xx but now th erange is 103.92.xx.xx. Today (After so many complaints) Excitel changed my IP to 103.95.xx.xx. But still they are not able to change this issue.

I do not know what to tell Excitel Guys to get it fixed.

Can anyone of you test it out, what speed you're getting on One Drive and Google Drive?

On google drive if I use Filezilla Pro and use 3-4 files upload semintasoly then I am getting 300 Mbps upload speed. Otherwise 150 Mbps on average.
Whereas On one Drive I upload 10 Files but still I could not hit 300 Mbps upload.
If we talk about actual download it is always full 300 Mbps and no speed fluctuation and speedtest results, also shows full 300 up and down.

my System specs are:
Windows 10 Pro Latest Build (ORiginal License)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
OS Drive: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB NVMe
ONU: Richer Link RL801G
Router: Archer A6 US FW
connected to my desktop using LAN

And I even tried using dial up. by connecting ONU to PC directly, still the same result.

Last edited:
I am not sure what your options are. If you were getting lesser speeds on speedtest.net servers, it would have been easier. I barely got 250KBps on my old DO Droplet. I recently switched to another droplet and speeds have somehow magically improved a lot on it. This is not something that I can complain about with Excitel and expect a resolution. But yeah, good luck.

Just tested again, I am getting 20MBps+ on my DO droplet now. I barely crossed 500KBps on my old droplet. Same location.

if you're getting 300 on excitels speedtest servers then you're out of options. according to them connection is working fine and they won't do anything to help you. if you contact customer care then you'll just be wasting your time by banging your head against the wall.
maybe try to find a work around ike a VPN or something or idk and if nothing works and if your work depends on it then either just suck it up and compromise or get a new isp

edit - also how do I do a test on google drive and ondrive? I dont use them but I can do the test for you if you'd like

I do not own any Droplet Server but I am sure it is something messed up at Excitel's End. I don't know if somehow I manage to get static IP, will that change things or not.

@Aakash Malhotra CC is waste of time. I know. One of Their tech guy is vising me and doing test from last two days. so lets see what happens.
And about test, google drive you get 15 GB space and login using your gmail account (if you don't have one, you may create) and onedrive free account also gives you 5 GB free space to test things out.

And I have trial one-two VPNs, there as well upload speed is worse.

Leaving speed aside each time a large file is put to upload on onedrive, get stuck after few 100s MB.
While same goes easily with airtel xstream.

Are you sure it is going through peered exchange routes ? A traceroute can be done to find out

@Aakash Malhotra I know, but maybe I can pull up one 🤞
@igloo I didn't face such issue. But I am not achieving more than 50 Mbps speed on average
Airtel still stuck with copper, not providing Fiber, even though they have fiber feasibility about 200 m than my location.
@shashankb I haven't perform traceroute.
Maybe I need to ask them to switch me on same IP ranges when I opted connection last year.

One of Their tech guy is vising me and doing test from last two days. so lets see what happens.
Any update regarding this?
I am getting very low upload speed. Was unable to upload a 300MB file. Even 10MB file took too long.
Finally switched on backup airtel wifi and was done in a 2-3mins.

speedtest (IN): Speed Test - Broadband Internet Speedtest - speedtest.net.in
speetest on airtel (seedtest.net)
Source

what is I did noticed is, on peering sites I am getting full 300 mbps while downloading but other than that I not getting speed anywhere.
I also noticed that if on speedtest.net.in i am getting 50 mbps then I get max 50 mbps download speed other than peering sites such as usenet/torrents

I get booted out everytime on 4-5GB quick download or upload.
Have reboot ont to get back.
Have noticed this on one drive ul and now torrent dl too.
Not sure where is problem, if ont get hot or lco has put checks.
Changed primary isp to Airtel fiber now.
Gonna use this for full download to see when they terminate my connection.

@igloo this happens at specific times or everytime ?
Might be some issue related to buffer bloat in ont .
Are you using bridge mode ?