Excitel Pre-Sale Questions (Answer from your experience)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 12,340
@Sushubh since how long you have been using it & are you completely satisfied with performance & after sale service in case od breakdown? Are you from Delhi?

I plan to take their starting 20 Mbps plan..

I am from East Delhi and would like to go with Excitel.

I am currently on MTNL broadband. I would like to retain my landline number which I am using for last 12 years.

Someone please advise whats is the cheapest call only plan on MTNL.

Is it as good as it seem from the website or should i just opt for airtel broadband?

Excitel main attraction definitely is no FUP ans 20 Mbps speed.

K....

I am from East Delhi too....

Moved from MTNL...

Did not retain my LL number because lowest plan was 350 something at that time...

Now coming to your answers......

Change plan to 95combo (110Rs)...... you will get 1Gb data but no free calls....... So a very nice plan to retain your number....

Excitel.... @695+tax you get 20Mbps unltd download as well as upload.... on torrents healthy torrents, you can get upto 44-45Mbps

And yes speeds are consistent..... and for me downtimes are very few....

BTW all the above have been already answered in different threads elaborately in this forum....

I am from East Delhi and would like to go with Excitel.

I am currently on MTNL broadband. I would like to retain my landline number which I am using for last 12 years.

Someone please advise whats is the cheapest call only plan on MTNL.

Is it as good as it seem from the website or should i just opt for airtel broadband?

Excitel main attraction definitely is no FUP ans 20 Mbps speed.

I also moved from MTNL, and Im in dwarka. I don't know of any 110 plan, for the landline the lowest plan seems to be 250 rs ONE INDIA plan something. Costs 280 with taxes. I asked for a lower plan just to retain the number, they said no such lower plan exists now, there was one plan of 100 rs which was incoming only. For this 250Rs plan you get no free calls.

EDIT: Just saw ijsa's post. The 95 plan is nice, they provide the landline connection with it too. Better plan than that of only landline 250Rs of which you get no benefit, no free calls. Will change to that plan.

Last edited:
answer to the questions above.

i think my connection is four months old.
it's not as stable as airtel.
my local lco is responsive. but there are frequent downtimes. once or twice they lasted for hours because there was a cable cut or some other issue. most downtimes are smallish. but it is much better than what i had expected. in the end it would depend upon your local guy. how good the network is and how safe the wiring over polls and trees is. since everything is in open, it is more prone to sabotage and failure compared to underground wiring and locked boxes of DSL players.
i am from gurgaon.
i am pretty satisfied with it as the rest of the options are pretty bad. i hate when i have to switch to my backup airtel connection because even for 4mbps, it is a horrible piece of shit.

No body in our society had this connection. So will they first need permission from society to lay underground cable or will they just do it without it?
Is there any charge if i disconnect the connection if don't like it or get better option down the line?

excitel partners with local cable operators who does the wiring and management. company is not involved directly.

No body in our society had this connection. So will they first need permission from society to lay underground cable or will they just do it without it?
Is there any charge if i disconnect the connection if don't like it or get better option down the line?
I do not think there is going to be any underground cable... also connections handled by LCO as said above......
Secondly about disconnection..... it is like prepaid connection..... you pay every month.... no commitment.... if you don't like.... don't renew next month...

I have duplex house. Pls recommend the router that give good range.

Person who came to check the feasiblity was not able to recommend any router and I have ti select it on my own.

Last edited:
Although I am using the model you plan to buy.... but I will strongly recommend suggest to go for other model, if you can buy...

I bought WR841N for around Rs.825/- one and a half year back.. it is alright on the same floor but below signal is not good..

If you want just internet on both floors the above routers are OK. But if the requirement if of utilizing it with TVs/NAS/Plex/Media Center. etc You will need routers on both floors.

I may get the installation tomm.

Is there anything which i need to ensure before i let go the installation guys like checking some sites, user id etc?

What kind of wire they use and is it really fibet broadband?