Excitel not launching 500 Mbps & 1Gbps plans even though they're capable of it.

• Thread starter Thread starter Baby Clasher
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 4,883

Baby Clasher

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel
Vi
Airtel
Jio
BSNL
I have excitel & my lco is so awesome that he even gave me his demo user id. I tested it & I was getting 940 mbps download+ upload on excitel. Don't know why they're not launching 500 mbps & 1gbps plans even though they're easily capable of it. I tested speeds on Indian servers and they're all 900+ & speeds on international servers are also great like 700+ downloading torrents & YouTube videos files also gave me above 100 MB/s. LCO said their OLT is capable of 1 Gig for everyone in our area (people in our area have heavy pockets so probably that's why LCO here is having an awesome equipment so people won't have to worry about service+ I've never seen any outage on my excitel connection in the last 3 years except fiber cut). Anyways... Although they're capable then why are they not launching these plans? I mean 1Gbps plan for 1999₹ per month + taxes (if paid for 1 year) I'll happily go for it. I guess we all will. And I'm sure it'll quadruple their subscriber base from 650k to 2 Million+. What could be the hurdles? Or they just don't want to grow...

You think there are 1.3 million people who are not taking Excitel just because they don't have 1gbps plans?

You're absolutely right... But with great plan comes great hype... With great hype comes great publicity... Let me explain. Once plan like that launches every news article will cover it, many YouTube channels will cover it. Then even if a few people will buy the plan (techy nerds) then they'll experience that. They'll recommend excitel to others & even if others don't take the 1Gbps plan by looking from article, YouTube video or mouth promotion by someone they'll definitely notice the 399₹ plan per month. They'll at least try it & then boom... They're excitel customer. They'll again recommend it to others... Even if someone is using jio 30 Mbps plan or 100 Mbps plan 10/100 people will switch to excitel just due to their attractive plans & trust due to all this... And considering all this & a few paid reviews on gaming youtube channels (done by excitel itself) it isn't difficult to get subscribers. They're lacking something. Because just giving 100 Mbps in 399₹ won't attract people without effective marketing. Either word of mouth or by something else. They have their guys giving pamphlets on Indian roads. They could Better target a niche audience. Like gamers & content creators etc. Their latency is extremely good. I don't know a lot about what Vivek Raina is actually planning but I guess it's going to be a good move. Considering they don't need to upgrade their backend right away.

Last edited:
If you live in New Delhi then Act is already giving 1gbps for 2k even on month to month basis. I hardly found anyone having it.

Well It is excitel & nobody can match their plans so maybe if they offer 999₹ per month for the same plan if taken for 1 year. (But will it be sustainable for 1Gbps? 🤔). Whatever we discuss here boils down to why they're not launching these plans? Even if their infrastructure is capable of it...

My lco was using EPON when I last used and then according to lineman he had 1000+ connection active on 2-3 OLT .
But in lockdown of 2021 during afternoon i was getting mere 80mbps iirc for a 300mbps speed connection.
Problem with excitel is they have zero control over last mile coz no terms were signed with lco as it was excitel begging them to sign up initally and every lco is different in greed.

Last edited:
That would have been a terrible experience. I remember around lockdown I wasn't getting above 200Mbps Upload on YouTube so i complained them & my LCO told me that they have shifted my connection to new OLT (previous 2 were full). From that day till now whenever I do a speedtest my speeds ramp up to 800 Mbps then come down to 370-400 Mbps. Same with upload. So I guess it's all upon the discipline of LCO. They should kick out all those stupid LCO's. Because due to those idiots some amazing hardworking LCO's like mine are facing trust issues & backlashes. My LCO straight up tells me "Sir company plan launch kar de bas ham toh pure area me 1Gbps ready infrastructure bitha chuke hai".

You do realise that 1Gbps is the port speed of your beloved LCO? No matter how much love you profess for him on here, he's not going to run a single port just to keep you happy. So in short, no, you're not going to get your 1Gbps at all times and it's not due to greed. It just limitation of the technology coupled with economic sense. Your LCO, just like others, is running full OLT ports, which average around 50 - 120 customers per port depending on the technology (E/GPON) used.

You're absolutely right. But as we are very old customer of our LCO. Since cable TV days (10+ Years Ago) he's the same guy providing us cable TV then now Excitel fiber. There is a relationship between us. We know each other as a family & I still remember when he was charging 1000 for installation at the beginning days of Excitel in our area but he didn't took a single penny as installation from me. That's how It is different. Regarding my problems i directly call him instead of raising tickets. Also as his office is just 2 minutes away from my home (2 streets at back of our street) his guys come to check the problem ASAP within few minutes. Also I have visited his office last time in 2021. He showed me his OLT's & specifically shown me the yellow patch cable we're getting specifically towards 2-3 houses. Also my RX power on router is around 12 dBm. That's why...

Same with Airtel. Airtel in my city is through LCO(max speed offered is 300Mbps), I get 1Gbps Speeds, but the LCO says Airtel wont start 1Gbps plan anytime in LCO Cities.