Excitel launches in Mumbai (400mbps plans available)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,171
UdJqlKB.jpg

Still people are facing issues with Jio's router. Many users have complained about it's slow speeds and having to reboot it every other day. With excitel's router however eben after 3-4 weeks of continuous usage & without rebooting it works fine. What's the use of the snappiness if all we have to do is reboot the black plastic box daily with 30 Mbps. Better to go for excitel's 200 Mbps for the same price 😎. Although both of them have their own ups and downs.

That's a great fix for the problem. But I can't understand why the biggest telco in India uses poor quality CPE. I mean they have a lot of money + higher priced plans than other ISP's but still they cheap out on routers and stuff. When I had Jio fiber last year the router which was provided to me had poor range. My current excitel router has a lot more range. Although now I have AP's around. Also for me personally using a smart plug for router isn't a smart idea because I only have 1 main ISP. If the main router goes offline then everything will go offline. Also I never had to think about reboot because it automatically does itself after a certain amount of time or packets sent/recieved. For me it is around 25-30 days. I just can't understand what's the point of selling those poor routers if all they think is we customers are going to reboot it everyday. I remember how once I bent the fiber cable when I had Jio Fiber and it started blinking red light continuously for hours. Jio guys didn't had any idea. Finally after few hours it automatically came back. Anyways I hope they start providing good routers with good chipset and board. The current black one is very weak in terms of range and reliability. Although best for 30 Mbps plan as my friends use it for 😂.

Just because 1 or 2 people come up to this forum for the issue does not mean everyone is experiencing the same issue. I have the same CPE (yea the black one) and it's been running ever since it was first initialized ie. 6 weeks+, no issues here. Have the same CPE at my grandparent's place no issues there either.
Using iperf speeds easily hit ~600-800Mbps and the range is pretty decent too, doesn't seem to get hot either.

Mumbai coverage of Excitel is growing every week.
By end of year most of Mumbai shall be covered.
Of course non-covered patches here and there will be still possible for some more months.

I got a call from Excitel confirming service availability in my building. I did some inquiry and got to know these guys have tied up with Jeebr (LCO) in my area. I have heard bad things about this LCO. Will the service be any different if it's via Excitel? Prices are good and there is a 3 months promotional offer for 300 Mb/s at 600 rs all inclusive with 2K router deposit & no installation charge. What do you think?

They are tying up with LCO in all the areas. Apparently they are offloading the last mile maintenance and OLT to these LCO and the backbone after that is going via Excitel. Even installation of fiber will be done by LCO and, separately, 2 guys will come just to install the ONU box.
If you ever have a cable cut; you will be contacting Excitel, but the repair will only happen when the LCO wants.

Thank you guys! I decided not to go with Excitel and stick with JioFiber. My sole reason to go with Excitel was to reduce cost. I am paying 18K per year for 300 Mb/s + OTTs to Jio. I thought I will save 7k by taking Excitel 300 Mb/s + OTTs separately. But I don't want to beg to the LCO every time I get into an issue. Experience with JioFiber is flawless. Zero major downtime since Sept 2020 and never needed to contact support for anything. They have done all underground wiring in our area and building between 2017 - 2019. I guess that allows them to give flawless experience to the users. Only 2-3 people are LCO customer for broadband and rest all of them uses JioFiber. So the support is there as I keep seeing the JioFiber guys roaming in my area on daily basis. I can only hope that Jio introduces some combined plan like Airtel black for mobile + broadband to reduce some costs in the coming days.

Airtel's black as a concept is good, but the implementation sucks. By the way, why do you need 300Mbps? 150-200 Mbps should be good enough even for big families.

@Lolita_Magnum Lots of parallel work related uploads/downloads keep happening on my device. LCO partner of Excitel is bothering me to try the service - a sort of free trial. It might work smooth for some time but what will happen when a major issue occur. I have no strength to give them a try reading your experience.

If uptime and quality for you is work-related critical, then don't bother experimenting.
The Age Old Saying, "If it ain't broke, don't bother fixing" is very much true, especially for business needs.

Even if there is no any issue related to downtime; Excitel have speed limiters on single threaded downloads/uploads.