Excitel Fiber Broadband Experience in Delhi NCR

Finally got my 2K security amount refund, now it's all over with excitel for now.

Interesting. My three months with Excitel ending on 22 Mar. I have disconnection request earlier in the day. Over time it did improve a little bit specially on download speeds but it was no where close to 400Mbps as per the plan and upload stayed pretty bad.

One good thing - I was able to push over 5TB in Jan and no one slowed down or called which was nice. I am back on Siti broadband from last couple of weeks (besides existing other local ISP). Financially Siti is quite unwell but I like simple connections where ISPs don't mess up with massive traffic shaping policies at their end. On 100Mbps connection on Siti and getting 100Mbps just with every thing - local, far off, peered, non-peered content etc. An example of Backblaze speedtest for EU:

Siti-backblaze-speedtest.png

About disconnection - I find it interesting that they expect end user to magically find their LCO office to deposit CPE even when I have no refundable deposit to claim. I was literally telling them over phone to send someone to pick it up. Only annoying thing for now are daily 2 automated calls from them - one in English and other in Hindi telling me that plan is about to expire and I should renew it.

Dumb plain ISPs without IVR automation, no app, clean policies at their router are magically better. 🙂

Last edited: