Excitel Fiber User Experience from Dwarka, Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter webie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 17,211
Yep, was currently using Daksh Broadband. Its 50mbps constant everywhere in world (Den backbone) and I guess its available in your area. ₹400 for 50mbps on fiber 😛. But sick torrenting and censored browsing 🙁

I think fibre won't matter to me, as 50mbps is enough for me. Last time I disconnected due to slow speed during peak times of their precious plans. I'll go with their ANI ones this time.
Thanks for your help! 😉

What's the main difference of a fiber internet? I mean what benefits you will get from fiber internet when you get it?

What's the main difference of a fiber internet? I mean what benefits you will get from fiber internet when you get it?

Potentially lower latency and jitter (fluctuations in ping), lower packet loss and higher reliability because fiber isn't affected by interference unlike Ethernet. It is less affected by wind and rain as well.

Fiber has higher capacity (Upto a Gigabit) instead of 100Mbps on most ISP Ethernet connections (though Gigabit ethernet is a thing, its much more susceptible to interference than 100Mbps without proper shielding and more expensive to implement for small ISPs) . Not an issue if you have <100Mbps connection.

But if the ISP Backend has any problem, fiber won't save you

ONT and ONU are exactly the same thing. It converts fiber signal to ethernet at consumer end.

Last edited:
Could you guys share, how much time did they took for replacing your old wiring with new fiber one. As i just payed 750RS online for onu device so i was curious to know did they really take 30 days!!! To upgrade your old hardware??

Could you guys share, how much time did they took for replacing your old wiring with new fiber one. As i just payed 750RS online for onu device so i was curious to know did they really take 30 days!!! To upgrade your old hardware??

You shouldn't have mate, I paid 750 back in March and they haven't upgraded it. When I contacted LCO he told me they haven't recieved blueprints from Excitel for setting up the cables. When I opened a ticket asking for refund they didn't reply.

You shouldn't have mate, I paid 750 back in March and they haven't upgraded it. When I contacted LCO he told me they haven't recieved blueprints from Excitel for setting up the cables. When I opened a ticket asking for refund they didn't reply.
Well, a couple of months back when i had a talk with my LCO about fiber he told me that he has already bought everything necessary for fiber upgrade, just the laying fiber cables part was left. Then again two three weeks back i again had a little talk with him this time he told me that they are working and it's only taking so long because of the rainy weather. So when i finally saw that fiber page was updated with payment option on my excitel portal i was happy that finally it is done. But judging by your experience i guess it's time to have a little chat with him again. Thanks for sharing your experience.

It should take up to 30 days, because rollout is done on demand basis and some areas get it quicker than others...

If upgrade cannot happen for some reason, refund is issued.

Best is to pay security deposit online, the refund is also easier.

Good enough. I think I am using it since July and it's fast. No issues. But this month, it went down atleast 15 times. Sometimes it goes down for like 5 mins, or sometimes the entire night. That is frustrating.

I think problem would increase once no of connection at black box outside at pole grows. The work done in those box is so shabby, Excitel should train the LCO employees on how to handle it but learn something from ACT fiber handling first.

@webie @igloo @Sushubh could you guys, share how much time did they toke to increase your speeds after upgrading your connection to fiber.
As today they upgraded my connection to fiber but speeds are still the same.