Excitel Fiber Reviews

• Thread starter Thread starter kanurag94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 15,532
ISP
Tripleplay/ Excitel
Hi everyone!
Would like to hear about changes (if any) in excitel experience after fiber installation. Also how's the consistency and speeds now?

That thread is not dead. Reviews aren't coming because not many have got it.

That's still one of the most viewed thread for Excitel.

I paid for EXCITEL fiber on 3rd March from EXCITEL portal, contacted my LCO today and he told me it'll take 1-2 months because EXCITEL hasn't given them layout plans for my area.

^ You should read the threads which I've posted. You will understand why not to pay them for more than one month.

And, You should have talked to the LCO before-hand about the Fiber.

Excitel Customer Support knows nothing, It's the LCO which handles everything.

Yeah, my LCO has been pretty good, fixed problems within hours. Hopefully I'll have Fiber by June.

Please rely on your Hotspot connections, Excitel Broadband is pathetic. I have opened several tickets and the team closes the tickets as resolved without any resolution. The seller will assure you of the best services and no technical issue being optical fibre connection however it is really difficult to find a continuous broadband connectivity.

After being smitten for 3 months from the pathetic services I researched on several websites and found that the customer service and after sales support is scathing and all customers have the worst experience with Excitel.

Their Mobile App for complaints, their customer service. their escalation paths are all farce and can't operate professionally. Adding a snapshot of how long tickets are dealt and the pendency of tickets does not matter to the management.

Their Mobile App for complaints, their customer service. their escalation paths are all farce and can't operate professionally. Adding a snapshot of how long tickets are dealt and the pendency of tickets does not matter to the management
Agree on this. Don't know about others besides excitel i dealt with cc of nextra and they were pathetic as well. Worst part is even those who handles escalations don't want to improve how things are dealt at agent level. No one wants to improve, jaisa chal raha hai chalne do.

I have stopped filing complaints with excitel. It's pointless. From my understanding, they just forward the complaints to the LCO and little else. If your LCO is not interested in fixing the network, you are on your own.

Well if the lco is supportive most of the things can be dealt with them. They even can raise tickets on ur behalf from their end for excitel or raise request for refunds or device change but no one wants to take pain for customer. They even have l2 or l3 support for them to solve issues which are complex or difficult to understand.

Got fiber installed today. Technically. Officially I am still on REELTIME plans as far as excitel is concerned. But I have fiber till home. The old ethernet connection is still in place and active (just not connected to my router, as a fallback maybe).

The initial ONU stopped working soon after install. I couldn't get the exact name and make of it. It was white and unmarked and just one lan port. It kept flashing EPON led in red continuously(EPON led was the 2nd led from right, last one was lan I believe). It was setup to bridge by default I guess. It worked for some time, its lan connected to my router and it worked for some time. But then it started flashing EPON led in red and couldn't get it to work again.

They installed a much larger ONU, it has 4 lan ports, one EPON input, full metal body. (Installing guy said this is used to supply 4 different connections, ?for a 2lowerx2upper apartment setup and split?4 separate bridge mode input on one fiber?)

I tried to directly connect to it to my laptop. Couldn't get anything on laptop, no gateway or local ip assigned. Didn't try direct PPPoE dialup.
Maybe setup to be bridge by default.

UT STARCOM ONU 204i-h
IMG_8607.webp

They also installed the fiber looping/spliced-safe black box inside the home itself. (It takes in the much thicker and shielded black fiber wire coming from outside and the connected it to a yellow, much smaller fiber wire that goes into the ONU)

Wire coming from their interconnect box
IMG_8574.webp

Wire details
IMG_8576.webp

Splicing/Arcing? machine- it welded the fibers of the two different fiber wires (black and yellow)
IMG_8580.webpIMG_8581.webp

The interchange/looping/welded/converted fiber black box seen here next to the splicing machine. They carefully places the welded joint (and put something like a heat shrink wrap too) in the black box and it has grooves to arrange to thin and exposed fiber.
IMG_8608.webp