Excitel Fiber Review West Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter igloo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 209
  • Views Views 43,967
I was one of few early adopters of Excitel ethernet back in 2015 I think and left it in few months due to downtime every other day, thanks to LCO n way they handle switches n wiring. This time on dedicated fiber line by Excitel I am told downtimes are fewer.

This time back from Airtel who were not ready to increase speeds(16mbps on vfiber for last 3 years) and facing few network problems like some app won't download or stuck at 99% unless i switch to mobile data Plus customer support of Airtel was down the drain in last one year. I think mobile support and landline support is on same level now aka hopeless. also upload speed hurts more than download.

Got new diwali offer plan 2000 for 4 months 100mbps + 750(refundable but no receipt provided) for ONT + 300 for installation(for box with ont n yellow wire).
LCO took 2 days to install it & would have taken probably one more but a warning after wire installation led to same day final activation else he would have lost all the effort till now. And same old money saving ways were used, no use of clip, tying wire to dish n pipes . I think Excitel should handle new installation itself instead of leaving it to LCO.

Speed is 100mbps without any ping loss for now.
But connection do becomes little jittery at too many times so a big no for gamers.
Even youtube streaming sometimes show pixelation when no big load on connection.
At one instance Whatsapp was not connecting.

So glitches still are there like old excitel but no complete downtime for time being.

I'll update if I face more problems. Hopefully rain, moisture and dust won't affect fiber.

Few Results

5415074682.png

5409762645.png

I think below test is on 2.4ghz
5406512375.png

RbgF6iE.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't post torrents sites here publicly and I don't think it matter which sites we're using. The issue is that we have difficulty in connecting to peers because of closed ports which result in slow speed. My friends are on airtel ftth. We download the same torrent. While they touch 10-20+MB/sec very quickly, I struggle to get even 1 MB/sec.
Would be great if we can have some solution where we can open ports

It should not depend on ability of opening ports when talking about torrent downloads. I can show you good speeds when behind NAT on popular sites... That's why I wanted to test because it can be something site specific... if you can share a pic with torrent sites over private message...

Any chance of voice calling introduction?
And even legal ubuntu torrent are not reaching even half the mark on 300mbps connection.

Last edited:
Torrents are a mixed bag.

I have had torrents touching 12MB/s+ (close to 15MB/s on my 125Mbps) easily. Most were public game torrents from Dodi repacker. Never faced any issue.

Though some torrents with low number of seeds have slow speed as compared to airtel since the people seeding it is also on a NAT so we need an open port on our end.

Even a legal ubuntu torrent from official site? I was unable to cross 15-16MBps.

Won't be able to test that I could max out my 125 Mbps (15MB/s) line on ubuntu official torrent (with the 10.x.x.x IPs blocked).

@philip marlowe fixed service has its own pros and cons mostly network inside homes is too poor and wifi calling in excitel is very poor so fixed line is needed

Here i am paying for a backup airtel connection mostly because of the bundled landline.