Excitel Fiber Plans Announced!

Well for your kind of usage , I'd go for excitel as excitel never gives me issues on streaming or data backup. If you are one of those who nitpik on even the smallest problem like I do, then I'd go for hathway. If I was you, I'd go with excitel.

I am at sector 16b dwarka.

I am in dwarka, delhi. My hathway connection is well over 1 yr old. I don't think I paid any amount for installation. I paid 1770 for 2 months subscription(may be the reason they didn't ask for installation charges?).

For fiber excitel, do it online at my.excitel.com as over ther eit's 750 security if you want basic ont.

I don't know where you are or how excitel / hathway works for you, mine is for gaming and hathway is a slight better, though both are bad for gaming however hathway is better. YMMV

Im in East Delhi and was about to get hathway but then went against it because internet is filled with huge complaints with hathway (mostly in bagnalore and hyderabad tho) . Anyway, due to no feasibility of airtel , i got excitel. I am having problems while gaming but to a minimum. Anyway, i might be switching in a couple of months, if Airtel comes in (they say they will be available soon) or maybe hathway!
Because excitel, now, is having problems with individual websites opening up. like, this is so BS.

Looks like every broadband comes in with their own set of problems.

Yep, every broadband does have their own set of problems. Sometimes desidime.com doesn't open for me, osmetimes sbi doesn't or imgur.com .

Well for your kind of usage , I'd go for excitel as excitel never gives me issues on streaming or data backup. If you are one of those who nitpik on even the smallest problem like I do, then I'd go for hathway. If I was you, I'd go with excitel.

I am at sector 16b dwarka.

Thanks for your reply!
So Excitel has this problem of websites not opening, is this a regular/permanent kind of thing or it's like comes & goes every couple of days. What about the stability? Is your connection smooth or disconnects & restarts repeatedly in a day?

No disconnections really for me. Once may b a month. Sites not opening, yes - I have with them from 1 yr and it happened 4-5 times in total duration.

No disconnections really for me. Once may b a month. Sites not opening, yes - I have with them from 1 yr and it happened 4-5 times in total duration.

Thanks again for your speedy reply.
I guess if I go for Excitel, we are not going to share the same LCO!!!!
Hey, Does Excitel provide public IP's or multiple users share the same IP??

It's worse with every fiber provider I believe. They won't give public IP (not even dynamic- forget abt static). You will be put under one of the hundreds of yours) so you will be under shared public IP lol.

It will prolly be like this > DHCP> your router IP > LCO(10.1.XX.XX) > PUBLIC IP > INTERNET. This setup is really worse for gaming anyways.

BSNL FTTH also gives dynamic public IP - for now at least.

It's worse with every fiber provider I believe. They won't give public IP (not even dynamic- forget abt static). You will be put under one of the hundreds of yours) so you will be under shared public IP lol.

It will prolly be like this > DHCP> your router IP > LCO(10.1.XX.XX) > PUBLIC IP > INTERNET. This setup is really worse for gaming anyways.

Oh boy! I was expecting this but kind of hoped it would be a different kind of setup!
Now this poses a problem for me! Don't you think this kind of setup is simply pathetic from a prospective of Security & Privacy.
Sites don't open with Excitel, you can't do Gaming, they don't provide a basic dynamic IP setup....................... During my back-up sessions, I upload a lot of sensitive data for my company, will it be safe in your opinion?

On the other hand, I think Hathway does provide a Dynamic IP???

You know, last year I was in US for a couple of months. The ISP provided by my company was Verizon & it was a class apart. The FIOS system, the infrastructure, everything was simply awesome. You could do Gaming, Pings were on the lower side, Download & Upload speeds were always same, Dynamic IP setup; it was a super cool broadband connection, though International peering was a bit of problem there too, but all in all, it was quite flawless. All was provided under the most basic package available. The only Indian ISP that comes close even in the vicinity of that kind of service is Airtel. And I can't opt for Airtel because it has too low data limits. What to do??

By the way, what is the average IP lease duration with Excitel?

from security and privacy perspective NAT would be better because multiple people are using it which would make tracking a single user slightly difficult and ports are closed. For security your connection to your company server should be encrypted with proper authorization dynamic or NAT doesn't matter.

For gaming yes NAT sucks

CG NAT is deployed worldwide because there is no other solution other than using IPV6, it is not something only Indian ISP use How widely deployed is carrier grade NAT?

Excitel definitely sucks because of their packet loss issue

from security and privacy perspective NAT would be better because multiple people are using it which would make tracking a single user slightly difficult and ports are closed. For security your connection to your company server should be encrypted with proper authorization dynamic or NAT doesn't matter.

For gaming yes NAT sucks

CG NAT is deployed worldwide because there is no other solution other than using IPV6, it is not something only Indian ISP use How widely deployed is carrier grade NAT?

Excitel definitely sucks because of their packet loss issue

Thanks for addressing my query here!

I upload a lot of work data to my company server/site; so just wanted to know what if my company site/server can't be accessed with Excitel as sites don't open with Excitel, and what is the lease duration of a public IP that is shared among many?

I have been hearing a lot of cons of Excitel broadband. What about the pros of Excitel broadband? Can someone shed some light on them??

pros? it's cheap. it's usually ultra fast on peered services so it is great for consuming content on netflix, Hotstar etc. and of course, it's unlimited so you don't have to keep an eye on how much data you have consumed.

as for your other queries... i would suggest having access to a VPN account at all time. comes very handy on excitel. for connecting to services that might not be functional randomly. this basically applies to all ISPs in india anyways.

i do believe that restarting the router allocates me a new ip.