Excitel Fiber Plans Announced!

ISP
Airtel Xstream

MONTHS50 MBPS100 MBPS200 MBPS300 MBPS

Last edited by a moderator:
Could have offered a basic ONU... Wired post speeds are not mentioned?

I guess base model doesn't have gigabit ports which is why 50mbps speed is mentioned and is priced same as 100mbps.

i dont know how they have paired the plans with onu + wifi device. its looking like as if they are bundled together and are compulsory instead of selecting them voluntarily.
i will most likely end up getting the most basic onu and then pair it with my own router.

also the plans seems wonky.
like 100, 200, 300 and then going to 1000.
imo there should be more plans like 100-300-500-700-1000 giving users more option.

do remember the base ont might not have gigabit ports so you might not really get 100 or 100+ mbps on it which is why they are restricting to 50mbps plan. do check before ordering it.

i am not even seeing 1000mbps plan 😕

i think all ONT'S will have gigabit ports. its just that basic version wont be able to output much via wifi. thats my guess.
ONTS not having gigabit ports defeats the purpose of having fiber.

my guess is that gigabit plan will be launched once they cover majority of area with excitel fiber.

edit- that 50Mbps plan being priced same as that of 100Mbps one could be an error.

jio is reportedly offering a 100mbps ont to fiber customers as mentioned in a thread posted few days ago.

Okay, let me clear things up for everyone.

I have the basic ONT provided by Excitel. Yes, it does have one gbit port. It doesn't have wifi. Even their best ONT WITH WIFI (AC) won't be able to max out 300mbps that they are providing.

Excitel doesn;t have gbps plan for now. The best they have is 300mbps which itself got launched just recently. May be in future. Whichever ONT you get from excitel will have gbit port.What I have here is c7 archer. That's what I'd suggest everyone to do. Invest in good router as modem can max out speeds only on LAN, so you will need good router. Don't get router from excitel, just get the basic one which costs 750 as security deposit. Btw I must say I am far impressed with hathway, their 150mbps plan(which in website says it has FUP but it really doesn't) , is awesome and their ONT (with wifi) is good enough for 150mbps. The best part is, hathway gives it for free, no security deposit whatsoever. If you close the connection you can pretty much keep that ONT, they won't care.

I'm far happy with hathway's 150mbps compared to 300mbps of excitel's. I have both, hathway's connectvity is far better for international services and no ping loss on hathway.

Excitel on the other hand is pretty much crap, even with fiber.

excitels customer care rep are soo dumb.!! i pointed it to the guy that both the 50Mbps plan and 100Mbps plan are priced same and that it could be an error.
dude said that in fiber plans, plan will be upgraded and price will remain same 🤦‍♂️

lol. Yeah that's an error. My LCO told me all plans will be priced the same as before but the speed will change. there will be only 3 plans. 100mbps, 200mbps, and 300mbps. No 50mbps plan will be there.

Okay, let me clear things up for everyone.

I have the basic ONT provided by Excitel. Yes, it does have one gbit port. It doesn't have wifi. Even their best ONT WITH WIFI (AC) won't be able to max out 300mbps that they are providing.

Excitel doesn;t have gbps plan for now. The best they have is 300mbps which itself got launched just recently. May be in future. Whichever ONT you get from excitel will have gbit port.What I have here is c7 archer. That's what I'd suggest everyone to do. Invest in good router as modem can max out speeds only on LAN, so you will need good router. Don't get router from excitel, just get the basic one which costs 750 as security deposit. Btw I must say I am far impressed with hathway, their 150mbps plan(which in website says it has FUP but it really doesn't) , is awesome and their ONT (with wifi) is good enough for 150mbps. The best part is, hathway gives it for free, no security deposit whatsoever. If you close the connection you can pretty much keep that ONT, they won't care.

I'm far happy with hathway's 150mbps compared to 300mbps of excitel's. I have both, hathway's connectvity is far better for international services and no ping loss on hathway.

Excitel on the other hand is pretty much crap, even with fiber.

What city are you located in?

I recently chose excitel over hathway because they insisted that the device/router they will be installing for fiber shall be taken back when/if I would withdraw the plan. Plus even though they had slightly cheaper monthly plans, their installation charges were around 2200, whereas, for excitel-non-fiber it was free for choosing a 3 month plan. For fiber-excitel, 1000Rs. for security - with same plans.

I am in dwarka, delhi. My hathway connection is well over 1 yr old. I don't think I paid any amount for installation. I paid 1770 for 2 months subscription(may be the reason they didn't ask for installation charges?).

For fiber excitel, do it online at my.excitel.com as over ther eit's 750 security if you want basic ont.

I don't know where you are or how excitel / hathway works for you, mine is for gaming and hathway is a slight better, though both are bad for gaming however hathway is better. YMMV

I am in dwarka, delhi. My hathway connection is well over 1 yr old. I don't think I paid any amount for installation. I paid 1770 for 2 months subscription(may be the reason they didn't ask for installation charges?).

For fiber excitel, do it online at my.excitel.com as over ther eit's 750 security if you want basic ont.

I don't know where you are or how excitel / hathway works for you, mine is for gaming and hathway is a slight better, though both are bad for gaming however hathway is better. YMMV

Would you mind disclosing your precise location/sector in Dwarka? I'm based in Dwarka Sector 9. I want a new broadband connection without any FUP but it has to be a stable connection. I had zeroed Hathway & Excitel. But, after reading reviews about Excitel here, I'm sceptical now.

I'm not a heavy user & I don't do gaming. But, I do need to back up my work data every 10-15 days & the usage is around 80-130 GB for a single back-up. Rest of the usage is pretty casual like Netflix, Youtube, Hotstar, etc. I was hoping to get to know the pros & cons of Hathway/Excitel, and other ISP's too.
Is TriplePlay available in Dwarka & is it reliable????

Would appreciate comments!!!!