Excitel Fiber Broadband in Bangalore - User Experience?

• Thread starter Thread starter varkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 62,273
Screenshot_20200409-224739.webp

My 12+ day uptime got interrupted possibly due to a power outage 😡😡 My battery backup only lasts for 3-4 hours! 😞😞

I'm not in Bangalore, so nobody uses it (hence the low usage) but wanted to see if I can get a 30+ day uptime. 😂😂

So excitel if on fiber is indeed reliable regardless of location.

Last edited:
This morning there was a 6 hour outage due to what appears to be a local power issue as per what's mentioned on the portal.

Service went down around 4:40 AM and came back only around 10:50 AM. Given that they updated it on the portal, looks like it was a more wide spread issue affecting a larger customer base.

Resolution took more than their ETR though. 😅 I mean the notice went up an hour after the issue started and was resolved an hour and half after their ETR.

Screenshot_20200421-105413.jpg

Planning to switch over from ACT to excitel.
  • This thread has reviews on connectivity. But is the refund commitment honoured in case I decide to move out? Is it easy to get the 2000/750 refund?
  • The sales representative says 6+3 months offer is only for existing customers. Is the offer still available in Bangalore? Can I first take a 1 month connection and then do the upgrade?

@yihoyok965 You are referring to the refund of the ONT/router security deposit right? Rs 750 is a decent price for an ONT, I plan to keep it eitherway. 😅

Also, the 6+3 offer is no longer available for me (in Bangalore). I think they removed it starting from May 1. I only see the 3+1 offer now.

Screenshot_20200503-174233.webp

Last edited:
For fiber user it shows both fiber n realtime plans. For copper just realtime.
100mbps realtime is equal to 300mbps fiber plans cost wise. So the difference.