Excitel Fiber Broadband in Bangalore - User Experience?

• Thread starter Thread starter varkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 62,328
For me a new 3+1 plan showed up today for 125 Mbps at 2.4k. The 300 Mbps 3+1 plan is 3k

Screenshot_20200328-014522.jpg
Screenshot_20200328-014507.jpg

@varkey Sometimes session disconnects and gets connected too soon for excitel to create log thus session is stuck at excitel's end.
That's why excitel initiates a small session sometimes to start logging again which didn't happen to your connection (thus it was showing inactive). You may notice small <1mb sessions after long sessions

Ok, it got reset 😢 But I think it's because I made the payment for the 6+3 300 Mbps plan for Rs 4999. The session reset exactly when the payment completed 😞 (or its one hell of a coincidence 😛) Now I have to start from scratch. 😭

The next session still going strong at 8.5 days so far. 😉

Because you guys got content thinking that you are getting best deals due to the proximity of internet airports

Because you guys got content thinking that you are getting best deals due to the proximity of internet airports
We had best prices in the country until a couple of years ago.
We still have decent pricing but no way near Excitel.
But most of the ISPs in chennai don't choke during peak hours, we get the advertised speeds 24x7 and lockdown didn't affect us much but I've seen multiple people complaining about Excitel.
End of the day we get what we pay for.

Damn...Excitel Fiber 3+1 300 2541is PURE GOLD...I hate my LCO now for not upgrading to Fiber even after a year.
My LCO has junction box on the pole(where fibre terminates and further ethernet for each connection is coming out) just outside my house...... this is as good as ACT fibre (as mentioned in other thread)....

And that would probably be in most cases.......