Excitel Fiber Broadband in Bangalore - User Experience?

• Thread starter Thread starter varkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 62,232
I think the 100mbps plan now costs 5600 for 12 months, and 300mbps - 7000 for 12 months. Pretty cool.

way excitel network is ... specially last mile is overloaded. I doubt 100 vs 300mbps makes any difference.
I am on same 5k 300mbps 6+3 plan & hardly any difference is noticeable.
Unable to cross 200mbps even in night hours and peak hours is same 80-120mbps.
I have experienced this to be dependent on overloading at LCO's end. As the number of users in my area increased, speed decreased. LCO bought new equipment - speed increased, overcrowded again - speed decreased.

Alright not sure if everyone had a similar experiece but here is my story.

- 27th Oct - Noticied pamphlets and advt boards for Excitel connection while on a morning run
called up their Delhi customer care whom promptly connected me to their Hyderabad team they collected my details forwarded to BLR team.

- Same day at around 1pm- This wonderful fellow i've saved his number as "Overly Excited Excitel Salesman" calls me to check where my address is requests location on WhatsApp, upon checking the location confirms they have an existing connection just 500m away requests me if he can drop by to collect documents. it's been a busy day hence i couldn't respond to his messages/calls cut to the next day.

- 28th Oct - This excited gentelman drops me a wake up message at 7am asking if he can drop by to get the documents we agreed, he promptly arrived at 9'ish am took a photo of my aadhar card and i WhatsApp him my softcopy of my photo that's it and this guy went to town, within minutes he uploaded the docs, got the credentials for excitel portal, once docs got approved he arranged the local LCO to get the cabling done by evening he had cable till my doorstep. Once again it was a busy day and i was away from home most of the time he couldn't complete the termination and install.

- 29th Oct - Calls me back at later time this time around 😆 checks with me when i will be available at home, we agree on a evening schedule.
Excited salesmen and two buff guys showup finish the cable routing in a flash, got the cable spliced up and working. Within like half hour of time they just finished the entire task activated my connection, speedtest'd and called it a win 😍

So far my connection working well, getting good speeds at around 300mbps as promised i've recharged it for 3 months 300mbps package, let's see how it goes.

The 300 Mbps 12M plan for 7k is available in Bangalore as well, hadn't noticed. 😅

Comes to Rs 588 per month incl taxes.

Screenshot_20201030-213344.jpg

Similar stuff is showing in delhi portal too.
So they've instead increased prices after jio new plans. Only isp to do so. What a confused entity.
Can't understand what they wanna achieve.

So ₹600/month for 120-150GB/day at 300Mbps! (Although they say Unlimited, NOC calls you after crossing 150GB in a day, assuming that's a commercial limit for them)

Now that's called a deal.

It's a mixed bag, I have consumed way more than that, usually my upload is on the higher side, have pushed close to 750gigs upload in a day to my gdrive. Never got a call or blockade. Although my download is around 1tb/month now a days. Not quite sure how they define/detect commerical usage.

Nah have unlimited drive thanks to my college hence I keep most of my media on that for direct streaming ☺️
Edit: i have got into habit of hoarding media now, have so much content that I know even I won't watch but good to have it just cause I can

Really! You have been called after using that limit?
Source: IBF, twitter, FB.

SORRY, I'm not a excitel customer.
It's a mixed bag, I have consumed way more than that, usually my upload is on the higher side, have pushed close to 750gigs upload in a day to my gdrive. Never got a call or blockade.
I don't understand how they calculate commercial usage. I think they should consider 5TB per month as commercial usage based on Vivek Raina's words.

"With an explosion of smart devices, rising Internet penetration and the advent of bandwidth-intensive graphical/video content and apps, ISPs and telcos will have to offer abundant usage at affordable prices to consumers to propel the growth of Broadband. All our plans are truly unlimited without any FUP or restriction of any kind on data usage, a feature which strangely no other ISP is providing and ideally everyone should", said Vivek Raina, Excitel co-founder, and CEO.