Excitel Fiber Announced!

ISP
Airtel Xstream
a new section popped up on my excitel portal

1Ts8VJN.jpg

go register for fiber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excitel Fiber is a new ultra-high speed Broadband Internet service especially designed for home, delivered through end to end fiber optical network.

Excitel Fiber provides NO FUP speeds starting from 100 Megabits and up to 1 Gigabit (1000 Megabits) per second which enables unlimited 4K videos without buffering.

It's pure Fiber To the Home (FTTH) technology that combines unimaginable speeds with high stability of the connection that doesn't depend on the weather conditions and power fluctuations.

Excitel Fiber Benefits

Ultra high-speed 100-1000 Mbps
Pure fiber - no fluctuations from weather or electrical power
No FUP, 4K quality without buffering.

Excitel is rolling out Fiber To The Home Infrastructure in Delhi NCR. Areas with high customer demand will be served first.

Are you ready to join the future with the new ultra-fast and stable Excitel Fiber service?

Apply for FREE upgrade to Excitel Fiber and we will get in touch once your area is ready.

10980 Subscribers have already signed for Excitel Fiber!

Do it now, to speed-up the rollout in your area!

The Most important feature of Fiber to Home connection in todays reality is the improvement of stability and quality. Obviously possibilities for much higher speeds are there as well, but that's less important after some point.

But doesn't it require a higher competence by local guys to install properly? Plus of course if the lco doesn't have proper power backup in place, this is not going to change anything? My lco is pretty reliable... Hopefully it would be the same with fiber!

Since there is no active equipment anywhere between the Core Location of LCO till Customer premises the power problems are reduced to almost zero. Of course LCO needs to maintain Power backup at his Core location, but it's much easier when it is 1 location only that needs attention and one location can also have enough backup that survives all electricity downtimes.

In the non-ftth model, you need power at multiple points in the network, which depend on different sources, and is much more difficult to have backup everywhere and for every such point.

Regarding the competence,

I would not say that they need higher competence, because maintaining non-ftth network is also challenging in a way - you need to deal with power, switches (active equipment), whereas with FTTH model you deal mainly with Signal power and cables - much simpler task, and the entire IP layer is basically non-visible for LCO guys.

Having said that, still they need specific competence when having FTTH deployments, and Excitel is having training program for all its local partners that are Excitel Fiber enabled.

Well damn, didn't see that before. The service is available at my location. Looks great especially at the sexy prices.
Thanks to my LCO I don't feel the need to upgrade.😉 The connection has been rock solid since a year with very few down times. For those interested in the pricing here is a screenshot.

K5jrmWx.png

(cannot embed it for some reason). Therefore quoting the text also.

Excitel Fiber is a new ultra-high speed Broadband Internet service especially designed for home, delivered through end to end fiber optical network.
Excitel Fiber provides NO FUP speeds starting from 100 Megabits and up to 1 Gigabit (1000 Megabits) per second which enables unlimited 4K videos without buffering.
It's pure Fiber To the Home (FTTH) technology that combines unimaginable speeds with high stability of the connection that doesn't depend on the weather conditions and power fluctuations.
Excitel Fiber Benefits
  • Ultra high-speed 100-1000 Mbps
  • Pure fiber - no fluctuations from weather or electrical power
No FUP, 4K quality without buffering.
Excitel Fiber in your area:AVAILABLERefundable security deposit:1500 Rs 1000 Rs (Limited time offer)Fiber device:FREEUpgrade time:within 30 days
Pay Refundable Deposit of 1,000 Rs to apply for the fiber upgrade at home.
Due to very high demand, installation will happen within 30 days after the application. Your current service will be uninterrupted.
Excitel Fiber Plans
Excitel Fiber 100 - (100 Mbps speed, no FUP) - 699 Rs/mo
Excitel Fiber 200 - (200 Mbps speed, no FUP) - 849 Rs/mo
Excitel Fiber 300 - (300 Mbps speed, no FUP) - 999 Rs/mo
Excitel Fiber 1000 - 1 Gigabit speed, no FUP - coming, stay tuned!

T&C
*Price are exclusive of taxes
*Refundable security deposit of 1500 Rs. 1000 Rs. is paid in advance. (Limited time offer)
*No installation fee or any additional cost for upgrade from existing service to Excitel Fiber

Last edited by a moderator:
@philip marlowe how can i ensure that my area gets Excitel Fiber at the earliest?

whenever i ask my LCO about ftth he always says that its not possible or that it will cost like 20k INR to bring fiber to your home . its like he is oblivious and is not aware that you guys have started this initiative .

i have already registered for fiber through selfcare portal but judging by the type of people that live around my area , i doubt that they are even aware of ftth . they are the type of people who are happy with 50Mbps plan and are happy with their youtube , google need being satisfied.

now i cant really ask my lco for addresses of all the subscribers then go to their house and request them to register for excitel fiber.

i am probably the only one who has registered for Excitel Fiber from my area.

now ofcourse you guys will give priority to area where there are a lot of users who have registered for fiber.

Last edited:
Yup, it's on my excitel in the "excitel fiber" section, it is giving me an option to pay the refundable security deposit also. Even I didn't believe these prices.😱😀 The best part is "NO FUP" I don't think anyone else in India is offering this.

excluding taxes so it is 1180 😀

i still find it annoying that excitel dumped their all inclusive pricing.

The best part is "NO FUP" I don't think anyone else in India is offering this.

right. spectra was one of the exception but they fucked up their plans big time. would be amazing if excitel can deliver 1gbps for ~1500 with monthly billing.

just called my lco guy. he has no idea about excitel fiber as well. he has however no issues connecting my house with fiber on existing network if i pay for wiring and hardware.

Same, I also don't know why they ditched the all-inclusive prices.
Honestly, I don't know how useful these will be (at least for me). No doubt high-speed plans sound great. But my monthly usage is around 500-600 gigs, and I can't even saturate my 50 Mbps line.😛 . About 4-5 people in my home are using the wifi with streaming also I am not running into any bottlenecks.
Now I am just waiting for IPv6 for public IP 😀. Hope it happens soon *fingers crossed*.