Excitel + dedicated vpn connection?

ISP
Airtel Xstream
Its been more than a year that I have not recharged my excitel connection, now that I am on airtel xstream but I was wondering, what would be the cons of getting excitel + dedicated VPN connection to circumvent most of the issues with the connection?

excitel 400 Mbps connection + a vpn connection E.x windscribe would cost the same as airtels xstream 100Mbps connection.

Pros that I can think of -
1. More speed for same price.
2. Ping issues (if any) resolved by vpn.
3. Torrent issues resolved by vpn.
4. Blocked websites resolved by vpn

Cons that I can think of -
1. Unreliability - as it would still be LCO dependent. My airtel xstream went down like once in a year and airtel is very quick in sending their techinicians in my area, we are talking same day visit.
2. no IPV6 support - Airtel has it but excitel doesn't and getting a vpn would not solve this. We would still not be able to port forward and access our cctvs/servers/etc

Is there anything else that comes into your mind?

Does this seem like a good idea to you guys?

My primary requirement is reliability. Like, I don't want my connection to go down and if it does go down then I want it to get fixed asap. basically, no downtime.

Can't say about anything else as I don't use internet for torrents etc. But pings are great for me in games as well as mostly websites are unblocked (TRAI's blocked website list is blocked I am just talking about websites excluding TRAI's official list).

And about reliability. It's just me sharing my experience in my area. It's been the best for me. Once again only talking about my area, my LCO & my connection. When electricity guys cut fibers for wire maintenance then excitel guys are the ones who come first then ACT & other local guys along with Tata & Airtel. Jio guys always come the next day 😂.

Since 2019 haven't faced any major downtime due to LCO not doing wire repairs. Even if fiber is cut at 9 PM they're fixing it right away. Can share one instance where someone cut all fiber cables around 2 AM. The connection got restored by 9 AM the next day. That's all. I know many will say "Excitel Praiser" but I'm just sharing what I get. If tomorrow anything goes bad I'll be the one who'll rant in a new thread. That's why don't take my review as biased. I've already mentioned it above. Thanks 🙂

Just use clodflare warp. If you don't get the full speeds on warp, try warp+ unlimited for 70rs per month or also check out warp for teams(free) and check which is giving you better speeds or ping. Warp bypasses all website or torrent blocks and you can get around 1ms ping if you are in mumbai and if ISP has direct connection to warp (i believe excitel does). Warp also provides ipv6 on your ipv4 connection.

If you want to dig deeper, you could flash ddwrt/openwrt on a router and directly connect to warp on the router itself through wireguard which will directly allow you to use warp on all devices without installing and configuring on each and every device seperately.

always goes to mumbai through mumbai de-cix. Also noticed today the dns traffic is also going through mumbai de-cix. (BSNL🍵🍵)

thats very good, i dont think ive seen warp go through delhi.

Mumbai is the best you've got. Mine connects to Germany for some reason (prolly because Airtel doesn't peer with DE-CIX or Extreme).

ok, so i've been using router level VPN for quite some time, including on Excitel. After the logging guidelines, i switched to Singapore. The speeds in many cases is better with Singapore because Indian VPN servers are not usually very good. The downside is of course latency.

Right now I'm running Mullvad and NordVPN in Docker containers on my home server and routing traffic through that. PFSense wireguard is pretty weird.

You could have another local isp with lowest plan as backup.

If you go with Mullvad you'll get public ipv6 as well as port forwarding.