Excitel Broadband User Experience in Gurgaon

uH1wkjb.jpg

Ask for 25mm or 32mm casing at your local electrical shop...... or any electrician.

it is light weight..... nothing to worry about.... just check the width of frame.

You could also use hotglue if its mounted on wood , on painted walls youll have to nail/drill it in.

Btw... Local guy turned my connection to poe. He is now taking power from my house through ethernet. I was wondering if this caused this problem 😑

Dude said most of my issues are related to power glitches which should be solved by this. Advised to wait for excitel fiber launched for ftth. 🤷‍♂️

eg1PRAO.png

please ignore all the mess around. this is the small unit that excitel got installed at my place. ethernet cable from the poll goes into this and i connected the cable from it to the router. the box is powered from my place. apparently they are now using the power from this box to power the connection from the local poll. three connections are now in my control lol. though he did say that he would get the rest of the two houses to install the same box so their connections would not be affected if there is no supply from my box.

didn't pay anything. i think it takes headache of reliable power supply at poles away from them so they are happy to give this away for free.

the mess is because i have not dared to change anything around here for the last six or so years lol.

from my memory...

one excitel ethernet cable coming in.
one airtel cable coming in from the router installed on ground floor.
one cable from my router going to the first floor. so there are basically three cables that landing here. most of the junk is due to extra cable that i did not cut during install. you can see two bundles of ethernet cable right in the image.

the mess also includes... printer, 4.1 speaker that alone has so much cable adding to the mess. one edgerouter. one D-Link wireless router. one pc. one monitor. one pi. one powered ethernet extender for the pi. one anker charging point used for charging phone and pi. it's basically a clusterfuck here. i really should clean it up someday. just scared that i might not get it all back working somehow.

pc psu fried yesterday. was just only able to come back online after getting a new psu and getting motherboard repaired.

also since i managed to end up ordering small factor psu for my box. i now have to hunt for something like this because the psu is not exactly properly fitted in my cpu 🥴

SF Series™ SFX to ATX Adapter Bracket 2.0

eg1PRAO.png

please ignore all the mess around. this is the small unit that excitel got installed at my place. ethernet cable from the poll goes into this and i connected the cable from it to the router. the box is powered from my place. apparently they are now using the power from this box to power the connection from the local poll. three connections are now in my control lol. though he did say that he would get the rest of the two houses to install the same box so their connections would not be affected if there is no supply from my box.
order cable ties / zip ties from AliExpress. get to work 😛 IT will be a bitch to clean if some rat decides to fuck up your day