Excitel Broadband User Experience in Gurgaon

love the form factor of a6. quite compact
Any difference in range wrt c6.... if you interchange at same location and check?

would take too much effort to test it out properly. would have to disconnect routers. change ssids. and then place the router in an optimal position to actually get an idea. my home network is a mess with four routers on two floors all on edges of the house. plus there are other factors like fewer wireless networks compared to someone who lives in a flat... someone else might be able to do it more efficiently.

wow that is crazy. You need to get proper infrastructure like Ubiquiti access points with a single panel to control all the devices.
Or just setup a batman-adv mesh on OpenWrt. It's what I use in my house, 3 routers in the mesh so far. Mine is all wireless, it works over wired ethernet as well.

Code:
Model	OP-XONT71000
Serial Number	OP-OXA190400001
Hardware Version	V2.16S
Software Version	V6.0.4P1T8 200825094024
Boot Loader Version	V6.0.4P1T8
PON Mode	EPON

i don't think firmware extraction is a feature on any router or onu. the only think i can extract is the settings backup.

i guess only choice is to go after your lco to provide you with a different unit that might have the updated firmware. also file a complaint with excitel through different modes. maybe file a complaint on pgportal as well?

Dear Subscriber, You will observe slow browsing issue while surfing internet, however peering sites are working properly as before. Inconvenience is deeply regretted.
haven't hit any site that is not performing well yet.

Airtel is destroying my sectors road laying down fiber today...

kIkwHBV.webp

But they do restore it properly. Hopefully work will commence in my lane in a week's time. Literally after 8 months of bi-weekly follow-ups