Excitel Broadband User Experience in Gurgaon

As per my lco, excitel asks LCOs to lay down new fiber network for excitel fiber which costs them a fortune and excitel only provides them with equipment not compensation for manpower. The fiber speeds are active only on new fiber line.
Then it all comes to LCO for maintenance of fiber as well as they have to adhere to excitel standards ~ from ₹200-250 commission they get per connection.
I don't how much of this is true

Yes, LCO needs to lay in most of the cases completely new fiber network because this is the only way it will adhere to required standards so that proper speed and quality can be delivered. There is upfront investments from both parties LCO and Excitel but it pays off with reduced downtime, reduced maintenance costs and improved user happiness and retention.

It's quite fair and provides benefits to all, including the end-user, and already 40% of LCOs have gone with Excitel Fiber. Remaining will do it this year.

AGybwGw.webp

not touching 100mbps it seems.

Last edited:
Did have a frequent disconnection issue few hours ago, but no packet loss issues till now.

But speeds are really bad, I have my pi do a simple speed test every hour, 24x7 and log it. Very inconsistent speeds, even at off peak hours.

At Delhi.

Sorry for of topic, how would you compare edge router vs usg for basic pppoe routing, for use with excitel?

i have no idea what usg is lol. i do have the erx and i recently migrated it to openwrt because failover was very slow on the native firmware.

and recently fucked up the upgrade from previous generation firmware to new one which required opening the device and using serial cable to reset the device. since i was not very comfortable with it, shipped it to a friend who did it for me. and today i configured it back. hence the issues i was facing today.

on openwrt, erx works very well. the way it is configured for me right now, failover works very well. less than 5 seconds. also installed NextDNS on it which means ad blocking is now enabled on router level.

I meant the edge router vs unifi security gateway. Usg is more like a firewall, but has pppoe router function as well. So was wondering which is better.

So anyone else got packet loss problem on Excitel right now or is it a local problem in my area 😀