Excitel Broadband User Experience in Gurgaon

I had given up hope man. Had wondered if moving out was the only option. I wonder if we have reached a stage where high speed Internet availability matters in rent prices.

I think more IT parts of metros like Gurgaon, Noida, secunderabad etc etc

@r19

1. How long are those outages?

2. What do you get FTTN/FTTB? (Also, which is better?)

3. How's the overall reliability wrt speed & complaint resolution?

1. It was like 1/2 - 1hr a day randomly. I'm not using Excitel currently as I'm not in Excitel area.
2. FTTN. No one else in my building had this connection and I'm guessing the Fiber could be pretty far. FTTB is better since fiber is till the building (they say this in their own site too)
3. Speed was always perfect for peering and national servers. Though there was some problem in international servers and packet loss which only happened after the packet was routed to RCom. Don't know how it is now. Didn't experience any service problem from my LCO as didn't get any line problem for a long time. For Excitel, you may try their app or their other

I am not sure how your ups can power the gateway in your area 😀 I have enough power backup at my place. If the source does not work, my backup is pointless.
I meant I only used my pc for a while with my UPS during power cuts(which were minimal anyway).

jwerkw.png

this was not very assuring.

a better response would have been that we are currently laying down cables and we would be able to offer plans in near future. it's not like excitel is in 100 cities that it is hard to keep track of new upcoming areas of expansion.

I am using excitel broadband for the past 3 months and it has been a solid Internet experience after using 512kbps airtel . Speed is similar to what it claims and it is reliable. I am on 10mbps/800 per month truly unlimited plan. The only downside is it goes down for a few minutes sometimes and for that I am using my backup airtel connection.

I have a doubt regarding the Excitel connection. In the wifi router box, apart from the power cable of the wifi router, the engineer has attached one more power cable which is connected to the LAN cable behind the router. He has instructed me not to turn off that second power switch.

Can anybody explain what purpose does it serve?

I am going to guess it is to power their box or something. Photos would be nice of course.

btw can anyone on excitel post their speed result on fast.com along with their plan speed? 😀

jwerkw.png

this was not very assuring.

Don't bother about that. The CC is practically clueless about feasibility. Spectranet CC told me that my society is not covered and I got a new connection the very next day.

yeah, even verivoz cc didn't know about the availability in my area. you will receive pamphlets as soon as it's available.