Abysmal Torrent Speed on Excitel Broadband

We have many subscribers which are heavy users and are using more than 500GB per month and we don't do anything to suppress their usage.

We DON'T have hidden FUP policy in place and we don't limit any protocols or types of downloads and we don't lock any accounts.

On the contrary we try to accelerate the content our users are actually downloading most by deploying various CDN and caching technologies.

We have a system that tries to detect abuse, mainly in the sense of Re-selling the internet to multiple homes/users, but whenever we detect such usage - we go to inspect how the connection is being used actually on the registered address and we don't do hidden staff.

I really believe it should be some technical glitch which is resolvable. Have you tried difference Router and PC with your account?

@philip marlowe
iam expecting something same response from you (Nobody cares type ,toward customer) like your customer care did.
le me clarify i have 2 laptop & 1 gaming pc.
even if my router fails. lappy & pc also have ethernet port.
And customer care always check speed by connecting line direct into device and not into router.
And Yes as you said its technical issue of your system as iam getting perfect upload speed but download still stucked at 1-2Mbps.
And about your claim of millions of use who use 500gb+ may be they are 1799 plan user. not 799rs.
But guess what i also upload about 200gb on my torrent
Today is the last day of my recharge period.

Will upload next screen after recharge.
after 2 days
Screenshot_2016_12_01_23_10_29.png

It's good if you provide here test results from PC directly connected to either Router (cable connectivity, not WifI) or better the Cable coming form outside to be plugged in your PC and then do testing. I know quite a lot of cases when WiFi is the cause of the issue or the Router itself. People spend Lakhs on PC + Laptop, but buy router for 1000 Rs.

So let's first be clear what are your results from a test done through Cable.

The issue can be everywhere of course but for sure it's not related to the amount of traffic you have downloaded. Trust me on this.

"People spend Lakhs on PC + Laptop, but buy router for 1000 Rs." sounds bad but as i said, i already tried evey possible thing even changed my line wire but problem is same.
And my router is ok. check screenshots.

GRACE PERIOD START LOOK OUT RESULTS WITH SAME ROUTER SAME MOBILE.
Screenshot_2016_12_02_03_08_52.png

Screenshot_2016_12_02_03_10_33.png

Last edited:
i am confused. this screenshot is from another isp on the same router? or you are saying that since your grace period has started, speeds are back to normal?

its Excitel.
As grace period starts speed come to normal.
right now i have only excitel as my isp.

That's totally Strange, but still few things to consider:

Your last test is performed at 3AM and yes, you are in Grace, but what if Speed increase has nothing to do with the fact you are in Grace, but has increased just because you are testing in a period with very low overall Network usage? Have you tested before at such Off Peak hours?

I will encourage you to Keep your Grace until tomorrow and keep on testing during different times of the day. Most important is to test during peak network usage 9PM to 12:30AM

Of course keep all other conditions same if possible. Same Device, same router, same distance from router.

Let's see what tests will show. For me the problem can be only related to some network bottleneck which of course is related to the Time window of usage/tests so let's explore that....

While I tried to use torrent with a free VPN Cyberghost...... but was not able to get any connections...... though seeds and peers were there....

without VPN.... it was very fast..... 3.4mBps....

any free VPN recommendation... which would be useful for torrents....
Torrents won't work on cyberghost free plans. The ports are blocked. But torrents will work on paid plans. This is not excitel fault

Will forwarding port help in any manner while using cyberghost....

anyway I did not blame Excitel....

Recently I've noticed that Excitel has started capping torrent speeds at 1MBps, Enyone else noticed or experiencing the same?
This is in East Delhi Region with the 50mbps plan

Tbh the speeds were never so good on non-locally seeded torrents.
@Sushubh your Ubuntu torrent is being locally seeded those 10.240.252.x IPs indicate so.

6519357479.png

It seems that it is not a case of torrent throttling but I'm getting overall connection speeds of only 8-9 mbps , I will be issuing a ticket with excitel