1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Excitel Broadband Slowdown During Evening/Weekends

Discussion in 'Excitel Broadband' started by Sushubh, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

[​IMG]

Excitel is pretty fucked up at my end right now. Have tried everything. Restarted routers several times. Pings are bad. And connectivity is awful. Cannot even run a speedtest.

2. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

3. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

[​IMG]

looks like my sector is now covered by the excitel weekend curse. or shall i say evening curse. internet was unusable yesterday. it is unusable right now.

4. Sidharth P

Sidharth P Member
    Regulars

Seems like shitty QoS at local level.

5. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

den boomband guy left a brochure at my place earlier today. let me check the plans and see. i do not have patience to deal with this fucktards.

6. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

[​IMG]

Would be applying in the morning. As complaining to Excitel would be a pointless exercise.

7. Aakash Malhotra

Regulars

speed on my end is shit as well. on 75 mbps plan but getting like 35 mbps down. also had a talk with lco . dont think he will provide via fiber anytime soon. man i hope this reduced speed will get fixed in a day or two

8. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

Speed got fine at 9:30pm.

[​IMG]

called the local guy. he said that the wiring might have developed issue and he would replace it tomorrow morning. he promised that he would fix this issue tomorrow. did not indicate that it was due to overloaded network. let's see.

tomorrow is sunday so the problem should repeat again tomorrow evening.

9. ngrhd

ngrhd Member
    Regulars

There is a pattern to every disruptive service. I remember, I was one of the very few privileged who got the Jio preview when no one heard about it, speeds were incredible. On Band 40 I was getting a minimum 12-13MB/s symmetric when the tower was no where near my residence. Eventually, speeds got shit and now it's less than turtle. There was a great article in ET titled, India riding on 4G lanes at 3G speeds.
    The same cycle seems to be repeating now in case of Excitel.

10. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

excitel has the advantage of being a wired player. they do not have to pay for expensive spectrum. hell, i doubt they are even paying for laying down their cables over electricity poles and trees. the whole thing is in their hands. and i seriously hope they had a strategy in place when they boosted their plans to 50/75/100mbps.