Excitel Broadband: Slow Internet Speeds to Many Servers and Locations

@ajgamer
Ask your lco to remove and reconnect ethernet coming to your house from pole and also test with another switch. This is really the issue of failure in switches due to heavy usage i.e. peak times. I ask my LCO to do the same and it works as charm within a minute, although I got him to replace mine with new one and now no more speed drop issues

zoSkbEo.png

Not excitel fault, jio's backbone is acting up that means hathway and den. Pings are high on hathway, den, daksh broadband delhi all using jio backbone.

Jio and reliance co owns Flag. Flag is screwed up and hence low speeds. Isp completely reliable on jio are most affected while tata and Airtel ones are less. But yes all are facing low speeds

Flag?

Edit: Ohh, Flag Telecom

Last edited:
Jio and reliance co owns Flag. Flag is screwed up and hence low speeds. Isp completely reliable on jio are most affected while tata and Airtel ones are less. But yes all are facing low speeds

I don't have any issues with Airtel Broadband. It's just Excitel for me which is having issue.

Lol I'm having the same issue but with super slow upload speed on alliance broadband. It's like excitel in Kolkata. Do one thing. Open command prompt. Write "tracert google.com" and see if you see vsnl.net in their routing. Mine is routing through vsnl and getting shit upload speeds

Don't think this is ever gonna fixed. The ticket has stayed open for more than 3 weeks now. Getting ACT broadband installed tomorrow.

ACT has fiber? or copper?

Yep its Fiber, but only till building, then they route via coaxial, he told me its Cat5 but I don't know enough about wires to verify the same. It has the same issues of speed with non-peered sites, but at least no packet loss like excitel. They do give a 30-day refund policy so I am gonna give it a try and then accordingly decide.

Anyone of you asked for a service extension? If yes, how much did you get it? I just created a ticket.

Considering how unstable the connection has been in the last month, we should get atleast 15days extension. I just got 2 days in the first week of the fuck-up era.