Excitel Broadband: Slow Internet Speeds to Many Servers and Locations

ajgamer

[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
That is quite possible and if that's the reason. It's a point of worry for the Excitel Fans on this forum. 😉

Every ISP knows how much they are capable of selling and if they are over selling.

What I think is that they are cutting their costs and reduced their Peering bandwidths also doing less maintenance. Because I have heard that some areas already got the Jio Fiber and many are going to get within 2-3 months.

Competition is rising fellas.

Excitel Fiber won't help in this issue. You use copper, ethernet, fiber or even satellite. If you are overselling and network is congested? Technology can't help there.

P. S.: I think it's 50-50. It can be overselling, it can be misconfiguration or it can be both.

achaudhary997

Regulars
Apr 15, 2018
Was following this forum from the past couple of days but couldn't test anything as I am not in Delhi. I ran some tests remotely and yup Excitel is gone xD. Packet loss speed issues all over the place.

Reactions: ajgamer

ajgamer

[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
@achaudhary997 Is there any thing we could do? Because, Internet is pathetic with Excitel and now it's not just me, it's all of us.

They haven't been fixing this.

Apart from that, my Internet is down.

ajgamer

[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
Anyone getting poor speeds to Excitel to Excitel as well? (Single)

@Aakash Malhotra @ashfame or anyone

SINGLE

Excitel to Every Sever, Speed is poor.

Poor for Multi and Single both.

Last edited:

Aakash Malhotra

Regulars
Aug 13, 2013
new delhi
just did a speedtest to all the servers in delhi and i am getting consistent 80 up/down on all the servers.
speeds to act, vodafona airtel server has improved.
earlier i was getting only 1Mb down on these servers but act is showing full speed now while vodafone and hathway are showing 40 down and 75 up.

im gonna test again during peak hours 7-9 pm

edit - twitch is working on source quality without any buffering.
speed to digital ocean bangalore is still shit

Last edited:
Reactions: ajgamer

ajgamer

[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
@Aakash Malhotra You getting good speeds to the Excitel to Excitel also?

You doing all test SINGLE?

Btw, Packet Loss is still here and Speeds to other city and countries servers are still shit.

ajgamer

[OP]
Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
I'm still seeing the bad speeds at multiple servers and the packet loss is high.

I'm more inclined towards that they are over-selling. Because throughout the day, I am getting the same speeds everywhere that is shit. But my speed improves only at mid-night about 2AM or so.

There isn't much difference between morning, noon and peak time evening/night usage for me.

ashfame

May 7, 2019
Excitel called me today to ask if I am still facing the issue. I told them I was and asked them it depends on the global issue they had going on. The woman confirmed that it has been resolved. I have been away from my desktop, so haven't been able to test the connection today, but if it's closed in their book, we are not going to have the situation improved at all. I am gonna switch to either ACT (which offers the same shitty routing along with FUP, but hopefully without packet loss - they do offer refund within the first month so that's good) or Airtel (not sure if their 2k unlimited plan actually has no FUP).

Reactions: ajgamer and JB700