Excitel Broadband Reviews

Looks like another fibre cut. Down since 1pm. When it works, its good, but didn't expect so much downtime :/

@philip marlowe - Any support you can provide? Ticket no - TKT201612261397. Your customer care only tells its in progress.

Down since 1pm yesterday. 24hours 🙂

Dear Excitel executive,
It seems that you have employed "Parrots" at your call centers as they hardly have any clue to problems of customers.

My local cable operator was changed by excitel in november and he changed my user id of Excitel wihout informing me and even changed my registered mobile no against my connection( perhaps its his mobile number i guess)

on 26th December when my internet stopped working, i saw that the pack has expired so i went online to recharge my connection and recharged it with my old user id. My internet did not work and even after making more than 4-5 complains on 26th & 27th Dec nothing was done from excitel side and i was shocked to see that my complains got closed by Excitel mentioning that internet is working at my end,whereas no one even bothered to give a call even forget about a visit.

now next day evening the local operator sends a person to collect money to recharge and when i told that i have already recharged then the situation became clear that i had recharged my account with my previous user id whereas i did not had any info about my new changed user id. I was told that my money is gone and i will have to recharge afresh for new user id by your customer care executives. I myself tried changing my userid to previous one & my internet started working

Now my internet is not working since morning today and my local operator is saying since he is not getting paid this month's recharge so he will not fix it.

What is this joke going on at Excitel that you change operators & registered mobile number of customer and no intimation of these changes to the customer?
And why should i suffer because of fault of yours?

Please either fix my connection or return my money, i seriously cannot waste this much time with your guys. My internet already did not work for entire day on 26th December, & upto 4 pm on 27th December and now since today morning its down again and no sight of when it is going to be fixed.

My previous user id (recharge & net currently not working on this)- dna120
My new user id - dna_120 (i got to know this only on 27th December and still my no. has not been updated here).

I might agree with you.... please tell a network for experts at such a price...

@ijsa Amazing, so if you are paying less, does that make a leverage on Qos Parameters. Excitel always makes promises for negligible downtimes.If you are buying a smartphone for ₹5000, that doesn't mean you should adjust if earpiece is not working just because you can adjust that with call on speaker.

similarly...... should I get swayed by the claims that you are making of poor service.......

I am getting acceptable service as such.... negligible downtimes..... perhaps 2-3 hours in previous month......

so unless you are able put forward an equivalent or better alternative..... your claims are useless....

And as per my experience (which was MTNL and most of the users moving to Excitel)..... the service in terms of price and quality is much superior....

And the earpiece not working...... is your perception/ LCO at your end.... mine is working.... so do not impose yourself....

Yes.... i would definitely agree that the CC and QoS might not be top of the line....... but for me it is justified for the price I am paying....

Excitel gives only Fiber to LCO and the rest is LCOs job. The upside of this is Excitel provides service in a lot of areas where other operators might not go for few years. In such places, LCO would have continued with 4mbps 30gb like plans were it not for Excitel. Saying Excitel is for 'amateurs' is not fair since in many places service is fine.

I personally had Ok experience with Excitel. Even other networks like ACT have posts of FUP cheating and not fixing for weeks (which shouldn't happen with Excitel as it is LCO managed). They do need to work on CC, website immediately however. And probably give some incentive for laying fibre.

i do not dispute anyone's poor experience with excitel. my lco has been excellent so far. faced a lot of issues in the first week of service. since then it has been pretty excellent. there is downtime. most of which i probably do not notice because i invested in a load balancing router where internet switches to airtel if excitel goes down. but overall, it is an excellent value for money especially since i moved to the lowest plan offering 20mbps speeds for 800 rupees including taxes!

I have faced pretty substantial downtimes, but with every passing day, downtimes are reducing. However, that been said, whenever it's working, I have always received top notch speeds.

2 days back I paid for the renewal....... I asked the LCO about 2-3hours downtime.......
he said now they have changed copper to fibre till outside by my house(box on the pole)...... he said it will further reduce the downtime.... they can selectively shutdown a node/ box for maintainance/ addition....... rather than shutting down the whole system....

god damned. they use citrus. i never get good experience with citrus. on the positive side, i can pay using upi so there's that.

one thing that annoys me about excitel 😀 i get cashback on my stanchart card on telecom payments. i am not entirely sure if excitel is considered as telecom. it probably isn't. but if it is... since i am on 799 plan, i do not benefit as the minimum payment required to get cashback is 800 lol.

I am experiencing slow speeds on facebook, i mean videos won't even load. A few of my friends on excitel broadband are experiencing the same. Is anyone here facing the same problem and if yes have you got a solution?