Excitel Broadband Reviews

LCO probably is not using a UPS but a generator? Honestly, it's a shame that Excitel does not take these problems seriously. I have had 3-4 downtimes in the last 6 months or so of service when the network had stayed down through the night or day because of power supply or other problem. But LCO usually responds during the daytime and even calls back after problem is resolved at their end. The official customer support of course does not respond to repeated problems. They would just close your ticket and mark it as resolved when the internet gets back online.

Good thing I now have Den and Hathway as alternative choices when Excitel goes down the drain. Which it would eventually.

@Excitel Team, What's the use of unlimited 100mbps if user facing no connectivity issue on daily basis & need to report you every other day to get connectivity, so requesting you last time to give permanent resolution to Support Ticket #97180 or refund back the amount paid for pack else need to claim in Consumer Court with valid proofs. Warm Regards.

@Excitel I am unable to change my billling cycle date from today, despite reporting it your customer centre nothing happened. It's still the same, everyone is making fool by saying sir proceed for recharge billing cycle date will change automatically to present date if u have selected change billing cycle from today. I have done this earlier too but it used to show date from current date as soon as u select change billing cycle from today. Can u help.

Is anyone using excitel in Hyderabad ??
Want to switch from ACT,need to know if it's decent

Last edited:
@Aakash Malhotra i believe can tell you all the shortcomings with excitel. quality of actual service would depend upon your local lco. my lco is pretty good probably because the last mile guy works very hard. he was complaining about his pay when i met him last. he was thinking of moving to siti broadband. so i am guessing service would go down when he leaves. told him to keep me posted. would migrate to siti if he moves to siti lol.

Is there a way to know about my ICo?
Can we have like a demo sort a thing before we actually get the connection ??

Most of the problems are around frequent disconnections due to cables sometimes snapping off etc. since they are hanging in the air. You wont get to know these in a demo.

Since Hyderabad has much worse rains than Delhi, I assume the problem would be more pronounced.

My experience has been okay. On an average I get 5-6 hours of downtime a month. But I am sticking with it since my only other option is MTNL

I am happy with the speeds. Even on international servers. But other people have complained about pings so not suitable for multiplayer gaming I guess

That seems great and don't think Excitel do any traffic shaping like Hathway. The ping seems great too. Maybe it should be great with Fiber. Another thing I recall is Excitel used to have packet loss issues in their RCom backend, don't know how it is now.

excitel does not block as badly as airtel or jio. https versions of most p2p websites seems to be accessible. the major problems are lack of static ip option, double nat which cause issues with gaming consoles, file sharing apps like resilio sync, remote desktop etc.

Can we have like a demo
the one thing you can do is to find their users in your locality. someone with your kind of usage so that they can tell you how good the service is in your area. if they are in your own lane, you would get the internet through the same cabling so you should get an idea of real world downtimes.

@Aakash Malhotra i believe can tell you all the shortcomings with excitel. quality of actual service would depend upon your local lco. my lco is pretty good probably because the last mile guy works very hard. he was complaining about his pay when i met him last. he was thinking of moving to siti broadband. so i am guessing service would go down when he leaves. told him to keep me posted. would migrate to siti if he moves to siti lol.

my lco is okay. i mean i get promised speeds in downloading. there are little to no downtimes . the problems that i face are from excitels end and not lco. like packet loss - could be lco's side but its not just me . my friend who lives in lajpat nagar has this same problem. another friend who lives near nehru place had this same problem. different lcos of different region having this same problem? i doubt it. i think its on excitels end.

double nat - no solution to port forwarding , no static ip
video streaming sites bufferings
no speeds on 0 day torrents, you also cant seed back because of all ports being blocked
and when i use the lan wire directly with my pc , internet gets auto disconnected like every 5 mins interval

Most of the problems are around frequent disconnections due to cables sometimes snapping off etc. since they are hanging in the air. You wont get to know these in a demo.

Since Hyderabad has much worse rains than Delhi, I assume the problem would be more pronounced.

My experience has been okay. On an average I get 5-6 hours of downtime a month. But I am sticking with it since my only other option is MTNL

I am happy with the speeds. Even on international servers. But other people have complained about pings so not suitable for multiplayer gaming I guess

how are you getting these speeds on international servers?
apart from singapore my speeds are much worse than yours

Guys, please share on which plans you are....... if other than listed on their website....

Recently, I came to know that they have 30Mbps and 40Mbps plans also.

the one thing you can do is to find their users in your locality. someone with your kind of usage so that they can tell you how good the service is in your area. if they are in your own lane, you would get the internet through the same cabling so you should get an idea of real world downtimes.
That might be a little tough,I just moved to Hyderabad like a month ago,but I live in a relatively good area,as in offices like Google,Microsoft are nearby so I'm hoping they would keep their services upto the mark ??
I'm not a gamer,torrenting and a lot of YouTube

my lco is okay. i mean i get promised speeds in downloading. there are little to no downtimes . the problems that i face are from excitels end and not lco. like packet loss - could be lco's side but its not just me . my friend who lives in lajpat nagar has this same problem. another friend who lives near nehru place had this same problem. different lcos of different region having this same problem? i doubt it. i think its on excitels end.

double nat - no solution to port forwarding , no static ip
video streaming sites bufferings
no speeds on 0 day torrents, you also cant seed back because of all ports being blocked
and when i use the lan wire directly with my pc , internet gets auto disconnected like every 5 mins interval

how are you getting these speeds on international servers?
apart from singapore my speeds are much worse than yours

It seems they are still having problem on their RCom node. South Delhi is mostly RCom I think..